Enough evidence on Kasab, says Mumbai prosecutorFebruary 15th, 2009 - 3:11 pm ICT by ANI
Panaji (Goa), Feb 15 (ANI): Mumbai’’s Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam has claimed that investigating agencies have gathered sufficient evidence to prove that Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist caught alive in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, was involved in hatching the conspiracy in Pakistan.
Nikam, who was in Panaji to attend a charitable function, said on Saturday that a chargesheet in the matter would be filed over the next few days.
Nikam said militants took advantage of Kasab’’s poor and uneducated background to indoctrinate him and make him a part of a terror module. “The concept of religion was wrongly produced before him and, he was completely brainwashed,” he said.
Nikam expressed the view that such brainwashed victims needed systematic handling.
He informed that the agencies have almost finished mapping Kasab’’s journey from Pakistan to Mumbai.
The latest revelation comes days after Pakistan finally agreed that some part of the conspiracy on the Mumbai attacks took place on its soil.
Mumbai Police has registered 12 cases against Kasab. He will be in custody till February 26. He is under judicial custody in six other cases as well. (NZ-15/02)
- Bring terror suspect Hamza to Mumbai: Court (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Rana verdict contradictory: Ujjwal Nikam - Jun 10, 2011
- Kasab, Jundal to be jointly questioned by Mumbai Police - Aug 10, 2012
- Kasab charge sheet early next week: public prosecutor - Feb 14, 2009
- Headley confession proves Kasab speaking truth: prosecution - Mar 19, 2010
- Pak Govt. seeks Kasabs custody to prosecute other 26/11 suspects - Feb 18, 2009
- 26/11 Indian mastermind held, Mumbai police seek custody (Roundup) (With Images) - Jun 25, 2012
- Prosecution hails death penalty for Kasab - Feb 21, 2011
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- 26/11: Pak judicial panel to begin India visit Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- 'Perverse' 26/11 attacker Kasab's death penalty upheld for attacking Indian state (Intro Roundup) - Feb 21, 2011
- Hafiz Saeed's release won't affect 26/11 trial: prosecutor - Jun 02, 2009
- 26/11 case: Bombay High Court dismisses Kasab's juvenile plea - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Killing machine' Kasab deserves death: Nikam (Second Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Abu Jundal's police custody extended till Aug 13 - Jul 31, 2012