England will step up a gear against Croatia: CapelloSeptember 7th, 2008 - 2:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.7 (ANI): After securing a score line of two goals to nil against Andorra, the England football team under coach Fabio Capello, plans to step up a gear against Croatia in the next match.
Kick starting England’’s World Cup qualifying campaign in Barcelona, Spain, Capello insisted better things would follow in Zagreb on Wednesday night.
Croatia will be another game, not like this. We have to play to win, always. I will be happy if Croatia play like Andorra! But I dont think that is going to happen, The Sun quoted him, as saying.
The Italian was pleased with Theo Walcott’’s contribution on his first England start in place of David Beckham.
Capello said: I chose the first XI and at this moment, against this opposition, it was better to pick Walcott.
We started very well and for about 15 minutes Walcott was incredible.
He is dangerous, he is fast, he played well. (ANI)
- Walcott taking tips from David Beckham - May 28, 2010
- Beckham to help 'dumped' Walcott deal with despair - Jun 04, 2010
- Omitting Walcott out of England 2010 World Cup squad a mistake: Capello - Jan 28, 2011
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Erikkson surprised at Walcott's omission - Jun 04, 2010
- Beckham may play for England in match against Andorra - Jun 10, 2009
- Capello earmarks Wilshere as England's future skipper - Mar 15, 2011
- Capello asks team to learn from mistakes made in Brazil defeat - Nov 15, 2009
- Goalkeepers appear to live longer - Jun 05, 2010
- Walcott says 'fantastic' Beckham is the perfect football professional - Aug 13, 2010
- Wilshere set to defy Wenger, wants to play Euro under 21 - Mar 31, 2011
- Capello looks for right World Cup mix for England (Group C team profile) - May 28, 2010
- England on road for World Cup 2010 qualification: Capello - Sep 11, 2008
- England's dream Euro 2012 draw makes them 1-10 bookie favourites - Feb 08, 2010
- Walcott's 'pink' shoes for Egypt friendly had Capello seeing 'red' - Mar 21, 2010