England on road for World Cup 2010 qualification: CapelloSeptember 11th, 2008 - 2:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.11 (ANI): England football coach Fabio Capello has said that his team is firmly on the road to qualifying for the 2010 World Cup after winning the match against Croatia on Wednesday.
Hailing Theo Walcott for his world class hat-trick heroics against Croatia, Capello was quoted by The Sun as saying: When he plays like this its fantastic. He was very dangerous for their defenders and when you are facing someone like Walcott it is not easy with his pace.
Walcott, 19, blasted the first competitive England hat-trick since Michael Owen destroyed Germany seven years ago.
But boss Capello warned: After Andorra I said he would play fantastic games but he would not play at the same level all the games. Hes very young and you have to help him. And when he doesnt play so well, we must support him. Wayne Rooney made it 3-0 as England roared to the top of Group Six with two wins out of two. The result is better than I expected but not the performance. I said yesterday there was a lot of confidence among the players and weve worked very well for the 10 days that weve stayed together. This result is great but its just a start. It was a good performance, a good result but its only one victory, not more, Capello said. (ANI)
- Erikkson surprised at Walcott's omission - Jun 04, 2010
- Beckham to help 'dumped' Walcott deal with despair - Jun 04, 2010
- Walcott taking tips from David Beckham - May 28, 2010
- Omitting Walcott out of England 2010 World Cup squad a mistake: Capello - Jan 28, 2011
- Defoe scores hat-trick as England beat Bulgaria 4-0 - Sep 04, 2010
- Rooney kept out of England squad for Spain, Sweden friendlies - Nov 07, 2011
- Problems mount for Capello's England despite opening win - Sep 06, 2010
- Owen's recent Euro hat-trick fails to boost his World Cup hopes - Dec 26, 2009
- Capello blames Fergie for not giving enough exposure to Owen - Dec 16, 2009
- Walcott says 'fantastic' Beckham is the perfect football professional - Aug 13, 2010
- Capello warns Rooney to show respect to referees - Jun 12, 2010
- Rooney in best shape of season, claims Capello - Oct 12, 2010
- Ukraine 'horror stories' deterred fans, says Hodgson - Jun 20, 2012
- Not obeying Capello's orders cost Walcott a place in WC squad - Jun 02, 2010
- Capello, Gerrard hail Rooney's match winning performance against Switzerland - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: boss, coach fabio capello, confidence, croatia, england football, football coach, games, germany, hat trick, heroics, london, match, michael owen, pace, sept 11, seven years, theo walcott, victory, wayne rooney, world cup 2010