Employees’ strike affects schools, offices in KashmirMay 8th, 2012 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 8 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir government employees across Kashmir Valley began a two-day strike Tuesday to press the state government for the implementation of their demands.
Except for the civil secretariat in Srinagar where work remained unaffected, almost all other government offices in the Valley wore a deserted look because the employees stayed away from work.
Besides the state government offices, work in most of the schools in Kashmir was adversely affected by Tuesday’s strike which was also joined by teachers.
Jammu and Kashmir has around 45 lakh government employees who are agitating for enhancement in their retirement age from the existing 58 to 60 years, regularization of ad-hoc and daily wage employees, removal of pay anomalies and increase in the emoluments of Anganwadi workers.
The state government had constituted a committee headed by Jammu and Kashmir chief secretary Madhav Lal to make recommendations on the employees’ demands to the government.
After deliberations with the employees, the committee has submitted its report and the same is now likely to come up for discussion by the cabinet sub-committee whose recommendations would finally be taken up for consideration by the state cabinet.
- Employees' strike paralyses government offices in Kashmir (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Employees' strike affects work in Kashmir - Jul 18, 2011
- Government employees protest in Srinagar - Apr 10, 2012
- Employees' strike paralyses Kashmir offices - Apr 17, 2012
- Striking government employees held in Srinagar - May 26, 2012
- Police foil employees' march in Srinagar, scores detained - May 09, 2012
- Employees' strike cripples work in J&K; offices - May 24, 2012
- Water canons used on Kashmir employees, 24 held - Jun 13, 2012
- Employees' march foiled in Srinagar, dozens arrested - Jun 16, 2012
- Police disperse Kashmir government staff rally (Lead) - Jul 18, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir employees' march foiled - Jun 14, 2012
- Agitating Kashmir employees hold talks with government - May 15, 2010
- Police break up state employees' protest in Srinagar - Apr 17, 2012
- Kashmir government employees strike work for second day - Jan 22, 2010
- Corruption sparks protest in Srinagar - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: anomalies, chief secretary, civil secretariat, deliberations, emoluments, enhancement, government employees, implementation, jammu and kashmir, jammu and kashmir government, kashmir, kashmir valley, lakh, lal, madhav, retirement age, secretariat, srinagar, state cabinet, state government offices