Elephants frequently rampage an Andhra village for ‘revenge’November 14th, 2007 - 2:29 am ICT by admin
Since then the herd of elephant is refusing to leave the area and goes on a periodical rampage, thereby destroying standing crops and several houses.
In a latest incidence, two persons -K Appa Rao (40) and S Mariamma (45)- were trampled to death by a herd of wild elephants.
People in this village are in a state of shock, as they can’t more around freely.
“My father went to the hospital, while he was returning he was attacked by a herd of wild elephants. They first killed a woman named Mariamma and later they killed my father,” said K. Das, whose father was a victim of the rampaging pachyderms.
Complaining about the current state of affairs was another local named G. Mallesh.
“We are helpless and the elephants are destroying our fields and killing us. We do not have anything in our hand. We have approached the government authorities and let’s see what they do,” he said.
Incidents of man-animal conflict are common with the depletion of forest areas, and cases of animals straying into areas inhabited by humans for food are common. But here in Donubai village, the residents are facing the elephant menace for altogether different reason -the ‘revengeful’ elephants. (ANI)
- Woman trampled to death by elephants - Jul 22, 2010
- Wild tuskers rampage through Chhattisgarh villages, cause panic - Jun 27, 2012
- Wild elephants trample man to death in Jharkhand - Dec 03, 2010
- Elephant tramples Jharkhand official to death - Aug 03, 2010
- Mysore's rogue tuskers whisked away to Bandipur forest - Jun 09, 2011
- Elephant kills five in Jharkhand - Dec 29, 2010
- Jumbo herd moves in, families flee in Chhattisgarh - Jul 18, 2011
- Two killed by jumbos in Jharkhand - Jan 23, 2011
- Herd of wild jumbos kill two in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2011
- Woman, son killed in tusker attack in Jharkhand - Nov 17, 2010
- Elephants from Nepal kill 1, injure eight in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 25, 2010
- Chhattisgarh villagers migrate as elephants run amok - Oct 08, 2010
- Man-animal conflict: Villagers poison elephants in Assam - Oct 25, 2009
- Wild elephants trample man to death in Meghalaya - Apr 16, 2011
- Bengal to set up rescue centres for stray jumbos - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: appa, current state, elephant, forest areas, government authorities, herd, man animal, menace, pachyderms, periodical, rampage, rao, several houses, standing crops, state of affairs, state of shock, trampled to death, two persons, wild elephants