Election sweets in VadodaraApril 11th, 2009 - 7:31 pm ICT by ANI
Vadodara (Gujarat), Apr 11 (ANI): With an eye on the upcoming general elections, a sweet shop in Vadodara has started producing sweets in the shape and colours of various political party symbols.
This unique concept has been successful in attracting hordes of customers in the city.
“It’s the time of Lok Sabha elections. So being a sweetshop owner,even I thought of preparing sweets especially for the season to attract thecustomers and party workers,” said Ramesh Aggarwal, owner of the sweet shop.
The sweets are in shape of the Lotus (symbol of Bharatiya Janata Party),Hand (symbol of the Congress party), Elephant (symbol of Bahujan Samaj Party) and Cycle (symbol of Samajwadi Party).
What catches the eye of the customer is the perfect colour and shape given to each sweet.
At present the shop is selling the sweets at a nominal rate of rupees 150per kilograms.
All the sweets are a hit amongst the local residents. However, the sweets in shape of hand and lotus are the most sold.
The locals feel that these tactics are excellent ways to encourage the young voters to caste their votes.
“It feels so good to see Indians going to any extent for the elections. They (the sweetshop owner) have made sweets in shape of lotus and symbols of Congress party, Bahujan Samaj Party and Samajwadi party. Today’s youth should be aware of their voting rights and should caste their votes on a mandatory basis,” said Roshni Tripathi, a customer.
Elections in Gujarat are to be held on April 30.
India will hold general elections between April 16 and May 13, in which approximately 714 million people would be eligible to cast their votes.
The results would be known only after May 16. (ANI)
- Poll panel's 'operation cover-up' keeps officials busy - Jan 09, 2012
- Punjab civil surgeon held taking bribe - Jul 25, 2012
- UP chief minister Mayawati resigns - Mar 07, 2012
- MCD poll fever peaks on last day of campaign - Apr 13, 2012
- Chandigarh gives its sweet shops 48 hours to clean up - Oct 22, 2010
- Eagerly waiting to be neighbours of President Pranab... - Jun 16, 2012
- Brisk voting in UP by-election at Mant - Jun 12, 2012
- UP politics still 'caste' in stone - Feb 08, 2012
- BJP retains Agra mayoral seat - Jul 07, 2012
- Agra sustains effort to pull city out of polythene menace - Dec 31, 2010
- Vote count on for presidential poll (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Rahul will have no regrets: Khurshid - Mar 06, 2012
- Mayawati ignores common man, promotes corrupt: Rahul - Feb 15, 2012
- Brisk polling in fifth phase of UP poll (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house prediction - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: bahujan samaj party, caste, colour and shape, congress party, elephant symbol, general elections, hand symbol, hordes, janata party, kilograms, lok sabha elections, mandatory basis, nominal rate, political party symbols, rupees, sweet shop, sweets, vadodara gujarat, voting rights, young voters