Election Commission transfers Gujarat police chiefNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:18 am ICT by admin
he EC directed that none of the eight would be posted at any election-related work.
Pande had come under a cloud over the 2002 communal violence. The 1970-batch IPS officer is said to be close to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
The EC has sought from the State government a panel of three “suitable officers” by Tuesday evening to choose the new DGP.
The EC also ordered transfer of Ahmedabad Police Commissioner J Mahapatra, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Border Range) I M Desai, Superintendent of Police (Patan) J N Rajgor, SP (Rajkot) N D Solanki and SP (Tapi) S K Gadhavi.
Collector of Valsad D H Brahmbhatt and Collector of Gandhinagar Sonal Mishra were also transfered.
Meanwhile, the EC is conducting ‘vulnerability mapping’ of areas and persons in all the 182 Assembly constituencies in Gujarat for polls to be held on December 11 and December 16.
“Under this process we will also identify persons or groups who could cause hurdles during the elections,” said Dhananjay Dwivedi, District Election Officer and Ahmedabad Collector.
He said among the 4,461 polling booths in Ahmedabad District, 1,518 had been declared sensitive and 322 as hyper-sensitive
The EC has identified 20,800 duplicate voters in the election list in Ahmedabad District, said Dwivedi. (ANI)
- Election Commission appoints new Gujarat police chief - Nov 14, 2007
- EC to send three special observers to review poll preparedness in Gujarat - Nov 14, 2007
- Sohrabuddin's brother wants further probe after cop's testimony - Sep 15, 2011
- Plea to make Gujarat cops accused in riots case rejected - May 31, 2011
- Police officer facing action moves Gujarat High Court (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Gujarat gets Muslim police chief - Feb 21, 2009
- Poll panel asks for report on Punjab top cop - Aug 20, 2011
- Polling gets off to brisk start in UP's second phase (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Election panel seeks report on Punjab officers' activities - Aug 21, 2011
- Ready to name more witnesses, Gujarat cop tells probe panel (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Poll panel announces Tamil Nadu observers - Mar 30, 2011
- Three Punjab DGPs transferred - Mar 16, 2012
- Poll panel to discuss money power during elections - Aug 29, 2010
- Gujarat government shuffles 41 IAS officers - Mar 26, 2008
- Poll panel transfers 18 Punjab officials - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: ahmedabad, assembly constituencies, communal violence, deputy inspector general, dgp, district election, ec, election officer, gandhinagar, gujarat police, ips officer, narendra modi, ordered transfer, pande, patan, polling booths, vulnerability mapping