Election Commission reviews poll arrangements in KashmirNovember 13th, 2008 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, Nov 13 (ANI): Chief Election Commissioner N. Gopalaswami has reviewed poll preparedness for Assembly election in Kashmir.
Talking to reporters here on Wednesday, Gopalaswami said everything was in place for a free and fair election. We insist upon free and fair elections. No police, no Central Paramilitary Forces (CPMF), no army personnel, will interfere in any manner with the election process.
We have been assured by the District Magistrates, Superintendents of Police, and the Deputy Inspectors General of Police, Inspector General of Police and the divisional commissioners that things are in place for free and fair elections,” he added.
Election Commissioners N.B Chawla, S. Y Qureshi and deputy election commissioner R. Bhatacharya accompanied him.
The seven-phase polling will begin from November 17 and end on December 24.
Campaigning for the first phase of polling will end on November 15.
There are 8109 polling stations in the state and they would be guarded as per their specifications of sensitive and hyper-sensitive nature.
Three-tier security will be provided at sensitive places like venues of election rallies and all candidates will get security in the Kashmir valley and troubled areas of Jammu region.
The seven-phase assembly polls are expected to draw over 65 lakh voters at 8,000 polling stations in the state. (ANI)
- Campaigning for first phase of J-K polls ends today - Nov 15, 2008
- Filing of nominations for second phase of J-K Assembly elections ends today - Nov 05, 2008
- 30,000 cops to ensure peaceful Delhi civic polls - Apr 12, 2012
- 70 para-military companies reach J-K for poll duty - Oct 30, 2008
- Centre to send additional para-military forces for polls in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 28, 2008
- Assam polls: Violence reported from Rangiya - Apr 11, 2011
- Brisk polling in Assam - Apr 11, 2011
- Polling underway for second phase of Assam elections - Apr 11, 2011
- 70 percent turnout in second phase of Assam elections - Apr 11, 2011
- Filing of nominations for second phase of J&K assembly elections begins - Oct 29, 2008
- Filing of nominations for first phase of J-K Assembly elections ends today - Oct 31, 2008
- Maharashtra readies for civic corporation polls - Feb 15, 2012
- 35,000 poll security personnel deployed in Assam - Mar 31, 2011
- Polling underway for first phase of Assam elections - Apr 04, 2011
- Manipur polls witness violence, five killed (Third Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
Tags: army personnel, assembly election, assembly polls, campaigning, chief election commissioner, district magistrates, election commission, election commissioners, election rallies, kashmir, kashmir valley, lakh, paramilitary forces, police inspector, polling stations, qureshi, sensitive nature, sensitive places, srinagar, troubled areas