Elaborate arrangements made for Amarnath YatraJune 14th, 2009 - 7:46 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, June 14 (ANI): Special and elaborate arrangements have been made for the famous Amarnath Yatra which is scheduled to begin from June 15.
The Sri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) and the Anantnag district administration is all geared up for the world famous pilgrimage.
Speaking about the arrangements made, the Deputy Commissioner of Anantnag, Sheikh Mushtaq, said the first group of pilgrims will leave from Jammu and pass through the Baltal Sonmarg route as the original route of Pahalgam Chandanwari is still under snow due to fresh snowfall recently. As such the pilgrimage journey from the Pahalgam Chandanwari route is expected to begin from June 21. “We have already appointed camp officers and camp locations have been identified earlier. Arrangements like food supplies and essential facilities like medical camps have been set up, where medicines and doctors will be made available to the pilgrims. Also, availability of electricity and water is arranged. Also in case of any disaster, arrangements like fire fighting for disaster management are done,” said Mushtaq.
This year more then 1,15,000 pilgrims have registered their names across the country for taking part in this prominent pilgrimage. Organisers of Langars (community dining halls) have also come forth with their voluntary services for the devotees serving them food and other facilities.”We are eagerly waiting for devotees here so that we can serve them and also distribute holy offering to the pilgrims. We want their Yatra to begin as soon as possible,” said Saraswati, an organiser of a Langar from Delhi.Earlier the annual Amarnath Yatra was expected to commence from June 07, but due to bad weather conditions it was postponed.The members of SASB are also making final assessment of the tracks leading to the cave shrine, as recently there was unprecedented snowfall. (ANI)
- 100 post offices to register for Amarnath yatra: SASB - Apr 30, 2012
- Around 500,000 perform Amarnath Yatra - Jul 16, 2012
- Home ministry reviews situation ahead of Amarnath Yatra - Jun 11, 2012
- Differences sharpen between Amarnath board, religious groups - May 12, 2012
- Three lakh pilgrims register for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 04, 2012
- Governor reviews Amarnath pilgrimage facilities - Jul 17, 2012
- Snow hits Amarnath Yatra preparations in Kashmir - Jun 14, 2012
- Pilgrims cannot start Amarnath Yatra before June 25 - Jun 23, 2012
- Bad weather halts Amarnath pilgrimage (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Snowfall on Amarnath track hits clearance operation - Jun 08, 2012
- Thousands reach Kashmir base camps for Amarnath Yatra (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- 12,000 pilgrims arrive for Amarnath Yatra - Jun 24, 2012
- Amarnath pilgrimage registration from May 7 - Apr 21, 2012
- Thick snow cover posing new risk to Amarnath pilgrims - Jun 22, 2012
- Preparations for Amarnath pilgrimage begin - May 01, 2011
Tags: amarnath shrine, amarnath yatra, bad weather, deputy commissioner, devotees, dining halls, disaster management, district administration, food supplies, jammu, langar, medical camps, mushtaq, pilgrimage journey, pilgrims, sasb, shrine board, snowfall, voluntary services, weather conditions