Eight killed in West Bengal road mishapSeptember 5th, 2010 - 8:38 pm ICT by ANI
By Tarak Sarkar
Malda (West Bengal), Sep 5 (ANI): At least eight people were killed and several others injured in a road accident on Sunday in West Bengal’s Malda District.
The mishap took place when a speeding vehicle, carrying 17 passengers, tried to overtake a truck and in the process collided with another truck on a National Highway-34 in the district’s Karandighi area.
The travellers have received grave injuries, including wounds on the head.
As soon as the accident took place, locals rushed to the site and took out the dead and the injured from the mangled vehicle, and carried them to a nearby hospital.
“One Trekker (an SUV), comprising of 17 passengers and a driver, collided head-on with a truck. Out of these, eight have already died and others are seriously injured. All the passengers and driver have been admitted to Malda Sadar (district) Hospital,” said Kalyan Mukherjee, Additional Superintendent of Police.
The condition of three of them is said to be critical. (ANI)
- Accident kills nine in West Bengal (Lead) - Sep 05, 2010
- Nine die in Bengal accident - Sep 05, 2010
- 28 killed in Cameroon road accident - Aug 30, 2011
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- 11 killed in road accident in Bengal - Mar 17, 2012
- 17 killed, 20 injured in Bengal accident - Feb 18, 2010
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- 7 killed, 16 injured in Bengal accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Orissa road accident toll rises to 10 (Lead) - Mar 26, 2010
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- Six killed as bus collides with truck - Jan 19, 2012
- 15 killed as tempo collides with bus in Karnataka - Jun 27, 2011
- 15 killed as tempo-bus collide in Karnataka (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,