Eight jawans of Rashtriya Rifles killed in an accident in J-KMay 11th, 2008 - 6:35 pm ICT by admin
Jammu, May 11 (ANI): Eight soldiers of Rashtriya Rifles were killed on Sunday when the army vehicle they were travelling fell into Chenab river in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A vehicle of Rashtriya Rifles on its way to Doda town skidded off the road and rolled into the river at Ghat area in the afternoon, officials have said.
Three jawans died on the spot and two were injured critically and later died in the hospital. Three others drowned in the river and their bodies were yet to traced, they added.
This is third consecutive incident in which vehicles have skidded on the roads in Doda-Kishtwar region in the past four days killing 48 persons and injuring 27.
Thirty-six persons died and five were critically wounded when a bus fell into Chenab River in Kishtwar district on May 8.
Four people were killed and 20 others injured when a matador fell into deep gorge in Bharat area of Doda district on May 10. (ANI)
- Six killed, 45 injured in Udhampur road accident - Mar 15, 2011
- 30 missing after vehicle falls into river - Nov 05, 2011
- 13 killed in road accident in Jammu - May 30, 2012
- 20 killed in Kashmir accident (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012
- Two killed in Kashmir bus accident - Jul 11, 2012
- 5 die as bus falls into george in Jammu - Sep 07, 2012
- 16 killed in Kashmir road accident - Aug 20, 2011
- 20 feared dead in bus mishap - Feb 10, 2012
- Six killed as van falls into gorge - Jul 26, 2011
- Two killed, 30 injured in Kashmir road accident - Jan 02, 2011
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- Five die as vehicle falls into gorge in J&K; - May 28, 2012
- 16 pilgrims killed in Jammu - Jul 27, 2012
- Four killed, 51 injured in Doda bus accident - Jan 15, 2010