Egyptian President to address Indo Egyptian Business Forum todayNovember 17th, 2008 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 17 (ANI): Egyptian President Mohammad Hosni Mubarak, who arrived on a four-day visit to India, will address the Indo Egyptian Business Forum today.
The President is accompanied by a high-level delegation including several ministers, senior officials and businesspersons.
On Tuesday, President Mubarak will be presented the Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding, which was conferred on him for the year 1995.
The focus of Mubarak’’s visit will be on intensifying strategic and economic cooperation between India and Egypt. The two countries are old friends and founders of the non-aligned movement and South-South cooperation.
During his visit, Mubarak will meet President Pratibha Patil and hold delegation level talks with Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
He will also meet Vice President Hamid Ansari, United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani. President Patil will host a State Banquet in honour of the visiting dignitary on Tuesday. Several agreements are expected to be signed during the visit. Bilateral trade between India and Egypt touched 2.2 billion dollars in 2006. The two countries are eyeing an ambitious target of achieving 10 billion dollars worth of bilateral trade by 2010.
Mubarak is visiting India after 25 years. He last came here in 1983 on a state visit. (ANI)
- Krishna meets top Egyptian leaders - Mar 04, 2012
- Egyptian President arrives in New Delhi - Nov 16, 2008
- Cairo calling: Krishna to head to post-revolution Egypt - Feb 27, 2012
- Hosni Mubarak arrives in New Delhi today - Nov 16, 2008
- Mubarak to undertake second visit to India after 25 years - Nov 12, 2008
- Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak keen to boost ties and trade with India - Nov 18, 2008
- Egypt calls for strengthening strategic partnership with India - Nov 17, 2008
- Krishna heads to Egypt, Syria on agenda - Mar 02, 2012
- India pledges full cooperation to Egypt, to enhance trade - May 31, 2011
- India and Egypt signs five agreements to strengthen bilateral ties - Nov 18, 2008
- Krishna to go to Egypt, six pacts on cards - Aug 25, 2010
- Mubarak, coming after 25 years, seeks diverse ties - Nov 17, 2008
- New democratic Egypt set to scale up India ties: Envoy (Interview) - Sep 04, 2011
- Egypt's Mubarak to visit India after 25 years - Nov 13, 2008
- Egypt's Mubarak arrives on India visit, eyeing 'new horizons' - Nov 16, 2008
Tags: ambitious target, dr manmohan singh, economic cooperation, egyptian business, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, hosni mubarak, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru award, l k advani, leader of opposition, level delegation, manmohan singh, president mohammad, president mubarak, president pratibha patil, sonia gandhi, south cooperation, state banquet, visiting india