Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak keen to boost ties and trade with IndiaNovember 18th, 2008 - 3:15 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 18 (ANI): Egyptian President Mohammad Hosni Mubarak, who arrived on a four-day visit to India on Sunday boost economic ties with India, received a ceremonial reception here today.
Egypt has been an important trading partner of India. The two countries now want to expand the basket of trade and are negotiating a free trade Agreement.
Enthused by a 112 percent surge in the bilateral trade in 2006, both countries now want to boost their two-way trade to 10 billion dollars by 2010. Their mutual trade is currently poised to touch the 2.5 billion dollar mark.
Egypt and India inked cooperation agreements covering economic and trade areas. Several other agreements on information and legal domains are also expected to be signed between the two countries.
The focus of Mubarak’’s visit will be on intensifying strategic and economic cooperation between India and Egypt. The two countries are old friends and founders of the non-aligned movement and South-South cooperation.
During his visit, Mubarak will meet President Pratibha Patil and hold delegation level talks with Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.
He will also meet Vice President Hamid Ansari, United Progressive Alliance (UPA) Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani.
Mubarak is visiting India after 25 years. He last came here in 1983 on a state visit. (ANI)
- India and Egypt signs five agreements to strengthen bilateral ties - Nov 18, 2008
- Krishna heads to Egypt, Syria on agenda - Mar 02, 2012
- Cairo calling: Krishna to head to post-revolution Egypt - Feb 27, 2012
- India, southern African nations to have trade pact - Sep 22, 2011
- Krishna to go to Egypt, six pacts on cards - Aug 25, 2010
- Egyptian President to address Indo Egyptian Business Forum today - Nov 17, 2008
- Krishna meets top Egyptian leaders - Mar 04, 2012
- South Africa pitches for greater Indian investment - Apr 08, 2012
- India pledges full cooperation to Egypt, to enhance trade - May 31, 2011
- India, Thailand target $10 billion trade by 2012 - Apr 05, 2011
- Egyptian President arrives in New Delhi - Nov 16, 2008
- BRICS to ink currency pacts, to push joint bank - Mar 28, 2012
- Hosni Mubarak arrives in New Delhi today - Nov 16, 2008
- Mubarak to undertake second visit to India after 25 years - Nov 12, 2008
- Indian commerce minister meets Vietnamese PM - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: cooperation agreements, dr manmohan singh, economic cooperation, economic ties, egyptian president hosni mubarak, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, hosni mubarak, l k advani, leader of opposition, legal domains, manmohan singh, pranab mukherjee, president hosni mubarak, president mohammad, president pratibha patil, progressive alliance, sonia gandhi, south cooperation, visiting india