Effective implementation of Mahatma Gandhi NREGA needed: Dr.JoshiFebruary 17th, 2010 - 10:56 pm ICT by ANI
Udaipur (Rajasthan), Feb.17 (ANI): Union Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Dr. C.P. Joshi on Wednesday emphasized the need for effective implementation of Mahatma Gandhi NREGA with active involvement of Gram Sabhas.
Addressing a national workshop on the implementation of Mahatma Gandhi NREGA here on Wednesday, the Union Minister said that the Gram Sabha should prepare action plan to ensure development throughout the year in the rural areas.
Dr. Joshi called upon the States to ensure that 60:40 ratio in terms of the wages and the material component, as provided by the Act, towards the expenditure is strictly adhered to.
He said that in order to eliminate the bogus job cards under the scheme, the list should be cross matched with the voters list. Timely payment of wages, development of Bharat Nirman Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendras and priority to works related to water harvesting, figured prominently in his address.
Dr. Joshi stressed the need to have timely and effective social audits by the Panchayats to ensure transparency under the Act.
The National Workshop was attended by the District Programme Coordinators from various States, including Rajasthan, Gujarat, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh, along with senior officials from the Ministry. (ANI)
- Joshi assures full support to Andhra Pradesh Govt. - Feb 05, 2010
- Need to strengthen Panchayats for growth of democracy: Joshi - Jan 18, 2010
- Implement PESA more effectively, says Joshi - Jan 08, 2011
- Manmohan Singh emphasises on need to strengthen panchayats - Apr 24, 2011
- IT to make job guarantee scheme more transparent - Aug 21, 2010
- PM to decide giving minimum wages to NREGA workers: Joshi - Nov 20, 2010
- Capart will collapse if it does not change role: Joshi (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Westernised elite after my blood : Rural Development Minister C P Joshi (Interview) - Jul 21, 2010
- 'Rural jobs scheme should have off period during agriculture season' - Mar 20, 2012
- Policies should be flexible, says PM - Jul 14, 2012
- PM calls for reform in panchayati raj institutions (Lead) - Oct 02, 2009
- 69 percent households gain from rural job scheme - Apr 17, 2011
- Showcasing a 'pro-poor' agenda in tribal heartland - Jun 07, 2011
- 'Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana' launched in Rajasthan - Jul 23, 2010
- Rural jobs scheme: Biometric attendance for workers - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: bharat nirman, dr joshi, jharkhand, job cards, mahatma gandhi, material component, national workshop, nrega, panchayati raj, panchayats, rajiv gandhi, sabha, social audits, tamil nadu, timely payment, udaipur rajasthan, union minister, voters list, water harvesting, west bengal