Eco friendly crackers on high demand in JaipurNovember 5th, 2010 - 3:52 pm ICT by ANI
Jaipur, Nov 5 (ANI): The demand for pollution free crackers is at rise in Jaipur on the auspicious occasion of Diwali.
The local manufacturers of Jaipur have decided to make it a less polluting Diwali this year by making pollution-free crackers.
Customers are also giving a healthy response to these eco-friendly crackers.
In spite of shops being stocked with a variety of other crackers, the eco-friendly crackers are on high demand this year.
“There is a shift in choice of the customers, earlier they used to prefer crackers making a lot of sound, and then people used to buy a lot of snake-crackers which used to emit a lot of smoke. But now, the sales of light producing crackers have increased,” said Rajesh, a shopkeeper.
“The light producing ones doesn’t create that much pollution and is therefore more preferred,” he added.
Moreover, the Chinese crackers are in less demand this year due to the high emission of smoke, increase in sound and air pollution, etc.
“Crackers should be pollution-free, due to the growing number of vehicles the pollution level is anyway increasing. I am specially buying these pollution free crackers so that I can also help a little in reducing the pollution level in this Diwali,” said Jeetender, a customer.
“I am also telling the kids to celebrate this Diwali with pollution free crackers,” he added. (ANI)
- Firecrackers go green this Diwali - Oct 23, 2011
- Diwali glitter in Mumbai despite inflation! - Oct 24, 2011
- Say no to crackers, Himachal CM urges children - Nov 05, 2010
- Smokeless firecrackers manufactured in Rajasthan - Oct 13, 2009
- Lucknow to light up Diwali with eco-friendly crackers - Oct 12, 2009
- Delhi to monitor pollution levels on Diwali - Nov 03, 2010
- Chinese lights popular during Diwali - Oct 30, 2010
- For TV stars, Diwali means family time! - Oct 22, 2011
- Colors Stars Reveal Their Plans For Diwali - Nov 02, 2010
- Solar lights for rural development in Gorkhpur houses - May 23, 2010
- Dikshit, Delhi Police call for safe, pollution-free Diwali - Nov 05, 2010
- Diwali quieter this year in Mumbai, says NGO study - Oct 28, 2011
- Allahabad artistes sculpt eco-friendly idols - Oct 15, 2009
- Festive spirit grips Delhi on Diwali (Lead) - Oct 26, 2011
- Eco-friendly interiors the new mantra - Jun 20, 2012