Dutch Queen meets Nobel laureate PachauriNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:49 am ICT by admin
IPCC and former United States Vice-President Al Gore won the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for their part in galvanising international action against global warming before it “moves beyond man’s control”.
The Queen on Wednesday met Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh to boost bilateral ties between both countries, particularly in the fields of culture, trade and economy.
The two sides signed two agreements on cultural cooperation following discussions between Queen Beatrix and Dr. Singh.
The first agreement was signed between Minister for Culture and Tourism Ambika Soni and Netherlands Foreign Minister J M Verhagen and the second by Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Director General Pavan Verma and Chairman of the Stichting Amsterdam-India Festival Simon Reinink.
The Queen, who visiting India after 21 years, met Vice President Hamid Ansari, Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma and senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader L.K. Advani. (ANI)
- Netherlands Queen meets Prime Minister Manmohan Singh - Nov 14, 2007
- Connect science, policy for progress on climate change: Pachauri - Jul 21, 2009
- IPCC chief has little hope from Copenhagen climate summit - Nov 23, 2009
- UN climate change panel urged to review methods - Feb 16, 2010
- IPCC admits Himalayan glacier goof-up - Jan 20, 2010
- IPCC chief goes mum on Himalayan glacier blunder - Jan 21, 2010
- Erstwhile climate saint Pachauri battles allegations to retain credibility - Feb 09, 2010
- Yechury backs Pachauri on nuclear power - Sep 13, 2010
- Pachauri defends India's climate stand - Jul 21, 2009
- Science writer Fred Pearce asks Dr. Pachauri to step down as IPCC Chairman - Oct 03, 2010
- Glacier goof-up scientist blames IPCC author - Jan 20, 2010
- Al Gore left car engine on during environment lecture - Oct 30, 2010
- India to set up chair for Buddhist studies in Cambodia - Jul 04, 2011
- U.S. Secretary of State Clinton congratulates the Netherlands on Queen's Day - Apr 29, 2011
- Pachauri backs green building technologies - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: al gore, ambika, anand sharma, bilateral ties, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, dutch queen, energy research institute, galvanising, iccr, india festival, ipcc, l k advcultural cooperation, nobel peace prize, pavan verma, queen beatrix, tata energy research institute, vice president, visiting india