Dubai sex-on-the-beach Brit couple face quadruple sentence if appeal failsNovember 19th, 2008 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 19 (ANI): The British couple, which was caught having sex on a Dubai beach, may have their sentence quadrupled if their appeal boomerangs.
Michelle Palmer, 36, of Oakham, Leics, and Vince Acors, 34, of Bromley, Kent, were sentenced for indecent behaviour in a public place after a policeman caught them romping at the Jumeirah beach in Dubai.
The duo had recently challenged their conviction and three-month term, reports The Sun.
But now, prosecutors have counter-appealed, insisting that their sentence should be extended to a year.
The decision on the case will be announced on November 25. (ANI)
- Dubai beach sex Brit couple to appeal - Nov 18, 2008
- ''Sex on Dubai beach'' woman returns to UK for Christmas - Dec 24, 2008
- Brit man convicted in Dubai beach sex case remains detained - Dec 20, 2008
- Sex on Dubai beach Brit couples jail sentences suspended - Nov 25, 2008
- Dubai beach sex man re-arrested - Dec 23, 2008
- Dubai beach sex Brit couple plead not guilty to sex charges - Aug 13, 2008
- British mans earlier admission to having sex on Dubai beach may nail him - Sep 02, 2008
- Dubai beach sex couple may face longer jail term - Oct 28, 2008
- Dubai sex beach couple enduring frustrating difficulties, says lawyer - Nov 28, 2008
- DNA tests fail to establish illegal sex on the beach charge against Brit couple - Sep 03, 2008
- Dubai sex-on-the-beach Brit couple return home - Dec 25, 2008
- Brit couple convicted in Dubai beach sex case vow to appeal - Oct 17, 2008
- British sex-on-the-beach couple back home from Dubai - Dec 25, 2008
- 'Double standards' of strict anti-sex laws in Dubai - Jan 17, 2010
- Brit man in Dubai beach-sex scandal has boozy romp with two girls - Dec 09, 2008