Drunk taxi driver kills 1, injures 10 in GurgaonNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:14 am ICT by admin
The accident occurred at the busy Mahavir Chowk, also called as Fountain Chowk.
The dead is a 62-year-old man, but is yet to be identified.
Among the injured are a six-month-old girl, a seven-year-old, a few women, and men, including two rickshaw pullers. The victims, most of them hailing from Gurgaon, were said to be on a shopping spree, in the wake of festive season, when the accident occurred.
The taxi driver, identified as Ashok Pahwa and a resident of Uttaranchal, has been arrested and the Indigo car (DL 1RX 8103) has also been taken into custody by the police.
Initially all the injured were rushed to the nearby Civil Hospital, but two of them, said to seriously injured, were shifted to the Kalyani Hospital, and three others were shifted to Safdarjung Hospital. (ANI)
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- Minivan runs over group of pedestrians in Japan, killing 7 - Apr 13, 2012
- BMW case: Police plea for test identification rejected - May 17, 2012
- Minor child killed, five injured in accident - Nov 21, 2011
- Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run: Order on police plea reserved - May 16, 2012
- Toll rise to 32 in Maharashtra bus accident (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Three killed as van plunges into river in Pakistan - Jul 22, 2011
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Accused in Gurgaon BMW accident surrenders - May 15, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Five killed in Pakistan road accident - Mar 09, 2012