Drivers celebrate Vijendera’’s Olympic bronze in his native town BhiwaniAugust 21st, 2008 - 10:08 pm ICT by ANI
Bhiwani (Haryana), August 21 (ANI): The drivers of Haryana roadways on Thursday celebrated the bronze medal won by their colleague’’s son Vijendera Kumar in Beijing Olympics by distributing sweets in his native town Bhiwani in Haryana.
The drivers had a reason to celebrate as the father of Vijendera Kumar is one of their colleagues. They were in high spirits and cherished the incredible victory of Vijendera in the Olympics by distributing sweets to everybody at their work place, the bus-station.
The fact that a boy from small village has made not only parents proud but also made the nation proud fills the heart of these people with pride. They hope that he would bring India more accolades.
Today victory of Vijender has not only made us happy but has brought happiness to the whole nation. Entire nation is proud of him. He is from a very small village and the way he has emerged, as a winner is really incredible. We are sure that he could win gold even, said Dalbir Nehra, a colleague of Vijender’’s father.
Middleweight Vijender Kumar secured India ‘’s first boxing medal when he out pointed Ecuador ‘’s Carlos Goncora in the Beijing quarterfinals on Wednesday.
Up next for the handsome pugilist from Haryana, a part-time model is a bout against Cuba ‘’s Emilio Correa. (ANI)
- Olympic boxing: Vijender powers his way to pre-quarters (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Indian athletes receive grand welcome for bagging Asian Games laurels - Nov 27, 2010
- Olympic boxing: India's Vijender in 75 kg quarterfinal (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Indian boxers look to make a mark at the grandest stage (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- Vijender knocked out of World Boxing Championships - Oct 01, 2011
- Vijender in semifinals of Arafura Games - May 10, 2011
- Boxer Vijender loses in semis, wins Olympic bronze - Aug 22, 2008
- Bhiwani comes to a standstill during Vijender's bout - Aug 22, 2008
- Outlook on boxing changed after Beijing bronze: Vijender - Jun 28, 2012
- Haryana grooms sporting talent for India's future - Nov 29, 2010
- Boxer Vikas promises a fearless show in London - Jul 21, 2012
- Vijender is world No.1 middle-weight boxer - Sep 29, 2009
- India at London Olympics (Schedule) - Jul 27, 2012
- Sushil Kumar to be India's flag bearer at Olympics - Jul 15, 2012
- Indian boxers excelling but lot more required: Chief coach Sandhu - Jul 20, 2012