DRDO signs six MoUs with industry for technology transferJanuary 26th, 2010 - 1:37 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan.26 (ANI): The DRDO-FICCI Accelerated Technology Assessment and Commercialization (ATAC) Programme reached a new landmark on Monday with the signing of six Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between DRDO and leading industry players.
The MoUs will enable transfer of DRDO developed technologies to the partner industries and, in turn, make them globally competitive. The ATAC, a joint initiative of DRDO and FICCI, is aimed at helping industries to absorb high-quality DRDO technologies and apply them commercially to produce quality and reliable industrial products at an affordable cost to the consumer.
The industries that signed the MoUs today with DRDO are: Jyothy Laboratories Ltd. and Alkali Metals Ltd., for Multi-insect repellant based on DEPA; Jyothy Laboratories for woolcare; Vantage Security for explosive detection kit; Deltapure Water India Ltd. and Ariva Group for RO based Water Purification System; MGM Associates for High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema (HAPO) Chamber and GSC Glass Ltd. for electrochromic window.
The MoUs were signed in the presence of Mr. MM Pallam Raju, Minsister of State for Defence, Dr. Vijay Kumar Saraswat, DG, DRDO and Secretary, Defence R&D; Dr. Prahlada, Chief Controller, R&D (Services Interaction), DRDO; and Dr. Amit Mitra, Secretary General, FICCI.
DRDO labs have been undertaking a large number of projects in wide-ranging areas of science and technology related to the Indian Armed Forces. Though the end products are for military use, many of the technologies that are developed to realize these systems can have civilian applications. These technologies and products may have large commercial potential and wide application in India and abroad.
On the other hand, many industries are keen on new scientific inputs and processes for expanding their business. To unearth the hidden potential in the commercial market, DRDO through FICCI, launched the ATAC programme. This commercialization process is aimed at filling the technology gap in Indian industries.
A proposal for providing incentives to scientists who are behind these innovations is also on the anvil and DRDO hopes to introduce it soon.
FICCI has been successfully running the technology commercialization programme since 2007 under the banner of India Innovation Growth Programme.
FICCI has established a Centre for Technology Commercialisation to provide an organized structure to link the mind to the market. The Centre will be supported by the IC2 Institute at the University of Texas at Austin. All activities of technology assessment and commercialization at FICCI would be undertaken as part of this Centre. Says Dr. Amit Mitra, Secretary General, FICCI, “We would be supporting all public and private funded research organizations under this. We will continue to provide commercialization support to DRDO, DST and look forward to supporting organizations like CSIR as well.” (ANI)
- DRDO signs six pacts to commercialise its technologies - Jan 25, 2010
- DRDO develops new medicine to fight deadly wild mosquitoes - Jul 15, 2010
- US firm to acquire DRDO'S technology for explosive detection kit - Apr 25, 2011
- US firm signs up DRDO for explosives detection kit technology - Apr 25, 2011
- DRDO mosquito repellent launched for commercial use - Feb 14, 2011
- DRDO mosquito repellent launched for commercial use (Lead, superseding correcting name in para 4) - Feb 14, 2011
- India's defence research agency eyes export markets - Sep 12, 2010
- A two-day workshop on Innovative Ecosystem held in New Delhi - Oct 28, 2010
- Canada's Carleton to have ties with IIT Mumbai, Jindal Global University - Feb 04, 2011
- Amit Mitra steps down as FICCI secretary general - May 18, 2011
- Conclave to develop cinema in east India - Dec 15, 2011
- Net deterioration in security environment: PM (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Defence tech to be showcased products at India-Africa meet - Oct 11, 2011
- Rajiv Kumar appointed new FICCI secretary general - May 23, 2011
- $189 mn of China's imports MoUs between Indian and Chinese firms - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,