Dr. Tushar A. Chaudhary assumes charge as Minister of State for Tribal AffairsJune 1st, 2009 - 7:40 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 1 (ANI): Dr. Tushar A. Chaudhary assumed charge as the Minister of State for Tribal Affairs, here at Nirman Bhavan on Monday.
He was welcomed by Secretary, G. B. Mukherji and other senior officers of the Ministry.
After assuming charge, Dr. Chaudhary had a meeting with senior officers of the Ministry and took stock of various programmes and schemes of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Chaudhary said he would work vigorously for implementation of the Scheduled Tribes and other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006.
Dr. Tushar emphasized the need for proper monitoring of the funds released to the states under various Central schemes. (ANI)
- New norms to improve forest rights act - Jul 13, 2012
- Gujjars for national model to rehabilitate Kashmir tribes - Jan 16, 2011
- Help sought for tribals' livelihood plans in Tripura - Nov 16, 2011
- Maken asks for payment of CWG dues within ten days - Jan 20, 2011
- Tribal policy will be placed before cabinet soon - Jun 01, 2010
- Rs.25 crore plan for 60 Maoist-hit districts: Chidambaram - Nov 26, 2010
- A million tribals have got land rights: Tribal Affairs Minister (Interview) - Sep 12, 2010
- CCEA approves integrated action plan for tribal, backward districts - Nov 26, 2010
- PM to address National Conference of Ministers of Environment and Forests - Aug 17, 2009
- PM to address National Conference of Ministers of Environment and Forests today - Aug 18, 2009
- Forest rights panel on Uttar Pradesh visit from Saturday - Sep 03, 2010
- Families with low salaries have malnourished children: CRY - Apr 28, 2011
- No ousting tribals from national parks, states told - Aug 26, 2010
- Anti-POSCO protesters burn effigy of officials - Apr 15, 2011
- Tribals demand first right to forests, write to PM - Nov 03, 2009