Dozens of ULFA cadres surrender in AssamNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:44 am ICT by admin
Nineteen assorted weapons, including AK-56 and AK-47 series rifles, and large a quantity of ammunition and explosives were surrendered by the militants.
A large number of family members of the terrorists, who also played a pivotal role to encourage their wards to surrender, were also present on the occasion.
This was the fourth such ceremony in the past eight months, the last one being held in September.
Lieutenant General B S Jaswal, GOC of 4 Cops, lauded the militants’ decision to shun the path of violence. He also complimented the kith and kin of surrendered insurgents for motivating their wards to surrender. (ANI)
- ULFA militant held, a cache of arms seized in Assam - Jul 05, 2012
- Bodo militants, Ulfa linkman nabbed in Assam - Jul 10, 2012
- ULFA a spent force, cannot regroup, says army - Mar 17, 2010
- Four persons nabbed, bomb recovered on ULFA raising day - Apr 07, 2012
- Assam terror outfit disbands - Dec 14, 2011
- ULFA militants killed in Assam - Aug 06, 2012
- ULFA rebels surrender in Meghalaya - May 05, 2011
- Indian agencies deny ULFA leader injured in Myanmar - Sep 10, 2011
- Assam remains largely peaceful on ULFA raising day (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- 4 Kuki militants nabbed with arms in Assam - Sep 13, 2012
- Three ULFA cadres nabbed in Assam - Jun 30, 2012
- Surrendered ULFA cadres working for society's development - Apr 12, 2011
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Open to dialogue with militants: Gogoi - Jan 24, 2012
- 45 militants lay down arms in Assam - Mar 06, 2009
Tags: ak 47, ammunition, asom, assam, cadres, complimented, eight months, explosives, goc, insurgents, kith and kin, liberation front, lieutenant general, militants, pivotal role, series rifles, surrender, two women, ulfa, wards