Dog breeding- a high profit business in JaipurMarch 18th, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by ANI
Jaipur, Mar 18(ANI): The number of people owning dogs in Jaipur is on the rise and dog breeding is emerging as a high profit business around this newfound puppy love.
According to the breeders, 300-500 dogs worth Rs. one million are sold in the city every month, and the average price of a good quality puppy starts from Rs. 25000 and goes up to Rs. 100,000.
Owning a puppy has become a status symbol in the region, and the breeders are importing new breeds of dogs from across the country and abroad.
“The dog breeding market is very profitable and everybody wants to enter this market. Nobody had thought that this business could be so profitable. Lots of people have entered into the market and its prospects are bright. New breeds have entered the market. The dogs that are bred here, are sold across the country and abroad,” said Rajesh Samariya, a dog retailer.
The dogs are also trained to suit the customer’s needs and demands.
“We wake up dogs in the morning and give exercise sessions to the dogs depending on the breed. The dogs are given breakfast and then they rest. In the noon they are given grooming sessions and in evening once more they are given exercise session. Then they sleep,” said Nishant, a dog caretaker.
To attract more customers, the breeders have come up with various schemes like exchange of dogs and dogs on hire. (ANI)
- EU allows drug tests on pets - Jun 19, 2011
- EU allows drug tests on pets (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- World's most expensive dog costs a million pounds - Mar 16, 2011
- Gujarat cops urged to rethink dog breeding plan - Jul 04, 2010
- Pet dogs in Britain to be microchipped - Apr 24, 2011
- Japan gifts Putin puppy to boost ties - Jul 28, 2012
- Over 300 dogs participate in Amritsar show - Dec 20, 2010
- Will India's indigenous horses trot into sunset? - Mar 21, 2012
- Jubilant FoodWorks quarterly profit rises 40 percent - Jul 25, 2012
- Mother abandons its Dalmatian lamb - Aug 10, 2012
- Government frames rules on dog breeding, sale - Jun 09, 2010
- Bhavini takes measures in favour of fast reactor project - Jun 11, 2012
- Firm admits it sold dead ducks - Mar 20, 2012
- Jharkhand's thriving Silk industry, helps adivasis (Part-I) - Dec 04, 2010