Documentaries catching Indians interest due to technological adventNovember 27th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
Panjim, Nov 27 (ANI): Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF) Director Kuldeep Sinha said here on Friday that the documentary film culture is fast catching up in India with the advent of digital technology.
Addressing a press conference at the India International Film Festival (IFFI) to promote MIFF -2010, Sinha said, every year over 40 documentary film festivals are being organised in different parts of the country by various organisations, which indicates the growing popularity.
The 11th edition of the MIFF is being organized by the Films Division will be held fromto February,3 to 9, 2010 at the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA) in Mumbai.
The MIFF is rated as the world’s best and largest documentary film festival being manned by filmmakers.
Commenting on commercial influences over documentary films Sinha said:”Documentary is a very serious business as it creates future of the country. Documentary should not be commercialized and the Films Division takes it as a means to explore serious issues.”
Sinha said the MIFF has received 864 entries from 37 countries, which is an all time record.
“The Selection Committee consisting of eminent film makers, journalists and critics has already started previewing the films, the total duration of which crosses more than 400 hours,” he added.
Sinha also informed that from this edition of the MIFF, International and Indian competition sections have been merged into one competition section and a new award is being introduced for “Best Student Film or Video.” (ANI)
- Mumbai film fest says no to corporate sponsors - Nov 27, 2009
- Mobile phone documentaries to be screened at Mumbai film fest - Nov 27, 2009
- Maharashtra asked to shell out more for MIFF - Dec 02, 2011
- 11th Mumbai film fest to introduce three new features - Sep 22, 2009
- Aakhri Munadi selected in Mumbai International Film Festival 2010 - Dec 19, 2009
- Portuguese film 'The Consul of Bordeaux' to open IFFI 2012 - Nov 12, 2011
- Curtains come down on 42nd IFFI (Review) - Dec 04, 2011
- Mike Pandey to head IFFI jury for environmental films - Nov 05, 2009
- Matching global trends, IFFI tries many firsts - Nov 11, 2011
- IFFI to organise moments with the music maestros - Nov 22, 2009
- Lifetime award in India a paradox: Filmmaker Bertrand Tavernier - Nov 24, 2011
- Short film producers express concern over lack of market place - Nov 26, 2009
- Goa fails to bite IFFI's soccer bite - Nov 29, 2011
- Kerala director to spend IFFI prize money on Oscar promotion - Dec 03, 2011
- Liquor baron to give away short film awards at IFFI - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: advent, commercialized, competition section, digital technology, documentaries, documentary film festival, documentary film festivals, documentary films, film culture, film makers, filmmakers, india international, international film festival, kuldeep, miff, selection committee, serious business, sinha, student film, time record