Doctors identify Kasab in courtMay 15th, 2009 - 6:46 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 15 (ANI): Two doctors, who treated Mumbai terror attack accused Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab for injuries, identified him in the trial court on Friday.
“He is the one who was brought to trauma ward of Nair Hospital when I was on duty in early hours on November 27,” Dr. Yogita Delkar, Chief Medical Officer, pointing at Kasab.
Dr. Delkar told Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam that she had prepared Out Patient Department (OPD) papers of Kasab and wrote his age as 25 years.
Later, during a cross examination, she told defence lawyer Abbas Kazmi that she wrote Kasab’s age as 25 years based on his physical appearance.
To a question by Nikam, she said that hospital staffer Kedar Joshi prepared the indoor case papers of Kasab.
This question was asked because there is overwriting of Kasab’s age in indoor case papers….25 years has been struck off and instead 21 years has been written. Earlier, witnesses have told the court that Kasab has given his age as 21 years to police in the hospital.
“This explains why overwriting in Kasab’s case was done,” Nikam added.
Dr. Venkat Ramamurthy said he had treated Kasab in the trauma ward on that day. Kasab had sustained injuries in his left arm near elbow.
In such a condition, a person can handle AK-47 rifle, he told Nikam. (ANI)
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Expenditure on Kasab not as high as projected: Lawyers - Nov 25, 2011
- Time line of Ajmal Amir Kasab's trial - May 02, 2010
- Timeline in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial - Mar 31, 2010
- Timeline of Mumbai terror attacks trial - May 02, 2010
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- Kasab's lawyer again threatens to quit - May 15, 2009
- Nov 26, 2008 - May 3, 2010: timeline of 26/11 trial - May 03, 2010
- Kasab death penalty: Expedite process, say lawyers (Three years after 26/11) - Nov 25, 2011
- Kasab is over 20 years old - medical examiners tell court - Apr 28, 2009
- Kasab's lawyer Kazmi sacked for 'non-cooperation' (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2009
- Pakistani panel in Mumbai to examine 26/11 witnesses - Mar 15, 2012
- Kasab trial adjourned till May 2; accused wants perfumes, toothpaste - Apr 29, 2009
- Kasab's lawyer found lying, judge threatens to replace him - Nov 26, 2009
- Kasab over 20, doctors tell court trying Mumbai attacker (Lead) - Apr 28, 2009
Tags: ajmal, ak 47 rifle, amir, case papers, cross examination, defence lawyer, joshi, kedar, left arm, medical officer, nair, physical appearance, public prosecutor, ramamurthy, staffer, terror attack, trauma ward, trial court, two doctors, venkat