Doctor who designed Casino Royal telemedicine scene is Bond makers advisor nowJune 14th, 2008 - 4:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 14 (ANI): The producers of James Bond films have joined hands with an Aberdeen doctor to advice them on how to shoot scenes involving doctors in their future movies, after being impressed by the sequence of telemedicine treatment in Casino Royal he had designed.
James Ferguson was the man who devised the dramatic scene in Casino Royale that shows a poisoned Bond, played by Daniel Craig, saves himself.
Craigs character is remotely diagnosed by MI6 experts, and treats himself with their advice, in the movie.
Ferguson, who is a huge fan of James bond flicks, revealed that he thought that Aberdeen Royal Infirmary telemedicine treatment would be ideal for Bond.
Through this sort of treatment, his team provides medical cover for remote areas of Scotland.
The doctor said that the filmmakers loved his idea of introducing telemedicine in a 007 mission, and the scene with a poisoned drink was born.
“We thought of the idea for Bond being poisoned and getting support and treating himself and sent it to the Bond producers. They wanted Bond to become more realistic, the BBC quoted Ferguson as saying.
Casino Royale saw Daniel Craig debut as the iconic secret agent in 2006. His next James Bond film is called Quantum of Solace. (ANI)
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- James Bond gets a dedicated channel - Aug 08, 2012
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Rachel Weisz 'to play Bond's enemy in next 007 film' - Jan 20, 2011
- Heineken extends partnership with James Bond films - Feb 09, 2012
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- Daniel Craig Passionate About Third Bond Movie - Aug 16, 2010
- Cash Crisis Leads To Axing Of James Bond Film - Jul 05, 2010
Tags: 007 mission, aberdeen royal infirmary, bbc, bond producers, casino royal, casino royale, daniel craig, debut, doctor who, dramatic scene, filmmakers, james bond film, james bond films, james bond flicks, james ferguson, june 14, next james bond, quantum, solace, telemedicine