DM Krishnaiah case: Patna HC grants bail to LovelyNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:52 am ICT by admin
Prasad appeared on behalf of Lovely and the State counsel Shameshwar Dayal.
Besides Lovely, the Patna Civil court on October 3 had awarded life imprisonment to Munna Shukla, Harendra and Shashi Shekhar.
Lovely’s husband and former parliamentarian Anand Mohan and co-conspirators Ahmed, Arun Kumar Sinha were awarded death sentence in connection with the case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ram Krishna Rai had convicted the seven under Sections 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 147 (rioting) and 427 (mischief causing damage to the amount of Rs 50) of IPC.
Krishnaiah, a 1985-batch officer, was on his way back to his headquarters after a meeting at Hajipur, when he was attacked and mercilessly beaten to death by a mob in December 1994.
Krishnaiah was attacked to avenge the killing of Chhotan Shukla, an underworld don, who also worked for the now-defunct Bihar’s People’s Party (BPP).
The incident took place when Chhotan’s body was being taken for cremation.
Anand Mohan, who was then the BPP chief, and Lovely Anand, former MP from Vaishali, were present at the funeral procession.
Munna Shukla, the younger brother of Chhotan Shukla, former MLA from Bikramganj Akhlaq Ahmed, Shashi Shekhar and Arun Kumar Sinha were also taking part in the procession.
They were accused of inciting the mob to kill Krishnaiah. (ANI)
- Anand Mohan moves apex court against conviction for bureaucrat's death - Mar 03, 2009
- Apex court upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan - Jul 10, 2012
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- SC upholds life for former MP Anand Mohan (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Ex-MP sentenced to death wants to donate body parts - Aug 09, 2008
- Nearly 60,000, including MPs and MLAs, convicted in Bihar in 5 years - Apr 11, 2011
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Over 50,000 criminals convicted in Nitish-era Bihar - Sep 23, 2010
- Bihar takes on crime with high conviction rate - Jun 08, 2010
- Behind bars but JD-U legislator still enjoys minister status - Aug 18, 2010
- Lovely Anand, Sadhu Yadav angry as supporters denied tickets - Sep 28, 2010
- For Bihar women candidates, husband's muscle power could backfire - Oct 19, 2010
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010
- Apex court denies bail to former MP jailed for murder - May 14, 2010
- People on death row in India - May 06, 2010