Division among Gujjars comes out into the openNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:04 am ICT by admin
Bhadana, who was leading a protest rally here today, demanded tribal status for his community and reservation in top educational institutions in the country.
The protestors raised slogans against Colonel Bainsala, calling him a traitor of their cause.
Following massive protest by the community in June, Rajasthan Government constituted Justice Jasraj Chopra Committee to look in to the demand of the Gujjars.
The Committee was asked to submit its report in three months time. However, the term of the committee was extended by another three months time by the State Government.
Gujjars are now demanding an early submission of the Committee’s report so that the state Government can send a recommendation to the centre on the basis of that report, classifying them as tribals.
The Meenas, a powerful low-caste community in the state, who have cornered a large slice of the existing tribal quota in government jobs and college places in the state, are opposed to the demand of the Gujjars, a community traditionally known for being shepherds and agriculturalists. (ANI)
- Gujjars, govt set for third round of talks - Dec 31, 2010
- Gujjars agree for talks, to send 51-member delegation - Jan 02, 2011
- Rajasthan urges Gujjars to hold talks - Jan 01, 2011
- Gujjars reach agreement with Rajasthan government - Jan 05, 2011
- Talks stalled as Gujjars seek leaders' response (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Gujjars continue stir as talks fail - Dec 26, 2010
- Gujjars agree to talks Thursday as stir reaches Delhi (Night Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Gujjar talks drag, to continue Wednesday (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Gujjars again talk to Rajasthan government - Jan 05, 2011
- Gujjar leader Bainsla to meet Ashok Gehlot - Jan 04, 2011
- Gujjars agree to talks but stir reaches Delhi (Second Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Talks between Rajasthan government, Gujjars on (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Gujjars end quota agitation (Lead) - Jan 05, 2011
- Talks between Gujjars, government to continue - Jan 03, 2011
- Government committed to reservation: Pilot tells Gujjars (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
Tags: caste, colonel, committee, educational institutions, government jobs, gujjar, massive protest, protest rally, protestors, quota, rajasthan government, slogans, state government, three months, traitor, tribal status, tribals