Dita Von Teese fears Amy Winehouse may end up like Billie HolidayOctober 1st, 2008 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 1 (ANI): Queen of Burlesque Dita Von Teese has revealed that the pop star Amy Winehouse once played a private gig for - but she was left troubled by the singer’’s angst.
The model said that she once paid a visit to Winehouse’’s London home for an intimate two-hour show and was impressed with what she heard.
“I will never forget the time I went to Amy’’s house and she sang and played guitar for me, my mother and sisters. She is our era’’s Billie Holiday,” Contactmusic quoted her, as saying.
However, the 35-year-old is concerned that the singer is following in the footsteps of Holiday, who died at 44 from cirrhosis of the liver.
“I listen to a lot of music from the 30s and 40s, but Amy Winehouse is the most important and interesting vocalist of the modern era. Unfortunately, it seems that she is also following in the same footsteps as Billie - with genuine angst, drama and drug addiction,” Von Teese added. (ANI)
- I respect strippers of all forms: Von Teese - Jul 23, 2012
- Dita Von Teese to perform at London Erotica show in Nov - Sep 28, 2010
- Dita Von Teese admits she once wanted to be an actress - Dec 13, 2010
- Dita Von Teese's 'offensive cleavage' censored in CSI episode - Jan 14, 2011
- Dita Von Teese urges Hollywood celebs to get smart - Apr 22, 2010
- Dita Von Teese making her television debut with 'CSI' - Jan 05, 2011
- Von Teese to launch lingerie range - Apr 14, 2011
- Dita Von Teese eyes France move - Jul 27, 2010
- Von Teese proud of her debut perfume - Jul 30, 2011
- Von Teese wants to direct porn movie - Jun 15, 2012
- Von Teese loves red lipstick - Dec 08, 2011
- Dita Von Teese struggling to launch own fragrance line - Dec 07, 2010
- Dita Von Teese on being the world's most famous stripper - Nov 13, 2010
- No nudity, says Katy Perry - Nov 06, 2010
- Dita Von Teese steps out in see-through top - Apr 12, 2011