Disturbances continue in SrinagarJune 22nd, 2009 - 8:46 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar, June 22 (ANI): Activists of People’s Democratic Party (PDP) took to streets on Monday demanding action against those involved in the killing of two women in Shopian on May 29.
The authorities deny of any misdemeanor and say all reports are investigated and the guilty will be punished.
They also demanded the revocation of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA).
“We want the prime minister to take note of it, the Home Minister to take note of it. To revoke AFSPA and to withdraw the security forces from the civilian areas so that peaceful atmosphere can be created for a dialogue which is very must for the resolution of the Kashmir problem,” said Mehbooba Mufti, PDP Chief. (ANI)
- PDP demands revocation of armed forces act - Apr 26, 2010
- PDP demands revocation of armed forces special powers act - Apr 26, 2010
- PDP wants army special powers revoked in entire state - Nov 21, 2011
- India-Pakistan peace process must continue: Sayeed - Jul 30, 2012
- Mehbooba for unconditional dialogue on Kashmir (Lead) - Sep 15, 2010
- Can Abdullah emerge unscathed from AFSPA logjam? - Nov 16, 2011
- Kashmir decisions on hold till visit of all-party delegation (Roundup) - Sep 15, 2010
- Day before all-party Kashmir meet, AFSPA still a touchy topic - Sep 14, 2010
- PDP flays rejection of armed forces' reduction in Kashmir - Jan 04, 2011
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- Omar meets Antony on AFSPA ahead of state cabinet meet - Nov 13, 2011
- Revocation of AFSPA inevitable: Mufti Sayeed - Nov 11, 2011
- Autonomy cannot solve Kashmir issue: Mehbooba Mufti - Aug 12, 2010
- PDP to attend PM's all party-meet on Kashmir - Sep 15, 2010
- Omar disagrees with army chief on special powers act - Jan 02, 2012
Tags: activists, afspa, armed forces, authorities, civilian areas, democratic party, dialogue, home minister, kashmir, kashmir problem, misdemeanor, pdp, peaceful atmosphere, prime minister, revocation, security forces, two women