Displaying patriotism through RangoliMarch 9th, 2009 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
By Ravinder Singh Robin
Amritsar, Mar 9 (ANI): To pay tributes to the people who lost their lives in the Mumbai terror attacks, renowned artists from Maharashtra performed inspiring patriotic songs and drew a colorful Rangoli on the theme of the attack.
Eight artists from Maharashtra prepared Rangoli images of Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh, Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, former Indian Police Service officer Kiran Bedi, and folk singer Gurmeet Bawa.
Suresh Shukla, program director Desh Mera Rangila, who comes from Maharashtra said that their objective is to create a sense of wakefulness of being a responsible citizen of India by doing such inspiring programs in all over India.
The presentation was performed here on Sunday in a local hotel. (ANI)
- Inspired by Hazare, Amritsar residents pay tribute to Jallainwala Bagh martyrs - Apr 13, 2011
- Fourth 'Punjabi Film Festival' concludes in Amritsar - Apr 04, 2011
- Peaceniks hail resumption of Indo-Pak talks - Apr 12, 2011
- Professionals fear development projects may hamper city's heritage values - Sep 14, 2010
- Third Amritsar International Festival delights folk dance lovers - Feb 07, 2010
- Delhi property dealer attempts suicide - May 02, 2012
- President Patil to Visit Amritsar to boost "Nanhi Chhaan" girl and tree campaign - Oct 04, 2010
- A miniature replica of Akal Takht to revisit Operation Blue Star - Jun 06, 2010
- Queen's apology sought for Jallianwala massacre - May 25, 2011
- Luxury train on Sikh pilgrimage across India sold out - Dec 26, 2010
- Three-day Amritsar heritage festival gets underway - Feb 20, 2009
- A walk into Jallianwala Bagh on 66th Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Devotees visit Amritsar's Golden Temple on Baisakhi - Apr 14, 2011
- Manjit Bawa's canvas - a contrast of serenity and violence - Dec 22, 2010
- India, Pak artists hail talks resumption moves - Feb 06, 2010
Tags: amritsar, dr manmohan singh, folk singer, golden temple, indian police service, jallianwala bagh, local hotel, manmohan, manmohan singh, patriotic songs, patriotism, program director, rangila, rangoli, ravinder singh, renowned artists, responsible citizen, suresh, terror attacks, wakefulness