Disney’’s popular cartoon characters celebrate festive season at New DelhiNovember 4th, 2008 - 8:39 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 4 (ANI): Walt Disney’’s most popular creations Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who are in India to celebrate the festive season at a special live event titled “The Mickey Mouse Show” interacted with their fans in New Delhi on Tuesday.
Dressed in traditional Indian attire, both Mickey and Minnie enthralled their young fans by dancing to the popular numbers from the Bollywood films.
The attempt is aimed at creating more awareness about the Disney characters amongst Indian children.
K. Seshasayee, head of corporate communication Disney in India said that Disney in India was trying to create a family entertainment plan.
Disney in India is trying to create a family entertainment plan; we are trying to do it in two ways. First we are making out all our international stories more relevant in India . So today you see Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their friends in Indian costumes, dancing to the Indian music. So that’’s first leg of it. The second leg is to create local stories and that’’s happening through Bollywood as well. So last week you saw our first movie releasing which was ”Roadside Romeo” and they were also on stage today. So Mickey and his friends came from Holland , met their Indian friends, which are Romeo and Laila. So that’’s what is happening here we are trying to create stories which resonate with Indian audience, said K. Seshasayee.
The children were quite ecstatic to meet Mickey and Minnie in person, the characters whom they had till now only watched on the television.
Popular Disney characters Mickey and Minnie along with their other friends Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto performed live on stage, for their young fans in New Delhi .
The event in Delhi concludes on November 06 and the troupe will later move on to Mumbai for performances during the later part of the month. (ANI)
- Fly with Mickey, Minnie in Jet's Disney-themed aircraft (With image) - Jul 09, 2012
- Mickey Mouse wears Indian clothes, jigs to Bollywood numbers - Nov 04, 2008
- Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse celebrates his 82nd birthday - Nov 19, 2010
- Disneyland comes up with talking Mickey Mouse meet-and-greet character - May 07, 2010
- Mickey Mouse celebrates his 82nd birthday - Nov 19, 2010
- Disney buys social-game company Playdom - Jul 28, 2010
- Disney Channel Announces India Premiere Of Disney Channel Original Movie "Camp Rock 2 ... - Oct 18, 2010
- Winnie the Pooh to debut in Indian cinemas - Aug 06, 2011
- Mickey Mouse tweet lands Egyptian billionaire in court - Jan 10, 2012
- Wayne Allwine, voice of Mickey Mouse, dead - May 21, 2009
- Barack Obama bags popular at trade fair - Nov 20, 2009
- Cartoon Characters As Facebook Profile Picture To Combat Child Abuse - Dec 05, 2010
- NASA photographs craters that resemble Mickey Mouse on Mercury - Jun 18, 2012
- Shammi Kapoor, tumsa nahin dekha (Obituary, Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- Why a Mumbai banker is greeted on Donald Duck's birthday (With Image) - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: bollywood films, cartoon characters, corporate communication, disney characters, donald duck, family entertainment, festive season, indian attire, indian audience, indian costumes, indian friends, indian music, laila, mickey and minnie, mickey mouse and minnie, mickey mouse and minnie mouse, New Delhi, pluto, two ways, walt disney