Discussions with SEBI board members have been fruitful: Pranab MukherjeeMarch 5th, 2011 - 8:20 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 5(ANI): Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday said that his meeting with the Board of Directors of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) was fruitful.
Mukherjee met SEBI officials, including its new Chairman U.K. Sinha, and reviewed the activities of the market regulator here today.
“You know this is customary that after the presentation of budget, Finance Minister meets the entire board of SEBI, with the Chairman. Therefore, I had this interaction with board of members of SEBI and new Chairman Sinha,” Mukherjee said.
“He also made a presentation for the functions and activities of SEBI, lot of improvements are taking place and other activities are going on. I had a very fruitful and useful discussion with the board members,” he added.
Sinha made a presentation about the different activities being carried out by the market regulator.
As per custom, the Finance Minister meets the SEBI board after presenting the annual budget.
Mukherjee had tabled the budget proposals for 2011-12 on February 28.
As per budget proposals, foreign entities will be able to invest directly in mutual funds, which will increase the fund flow into capital markets. (ANI)
- Small investors should not directly trade in equities: SEBI - May 19, 2012
- Foreign Direct Investment in India to be more user friendly - Feb 28, 2011
- Sebi raises minimum level for portfolio investments - Jan 28, 2012
- Firms non-compliant with SEBI norms to face action - May 07, 2012
- Indian mutual funds welcome nod for foreign investors - Feb 28, 2011
- Government assures help to revive mutual fund business - Jul 02, 2012
- Mukherjee to present Budget 2011 with focus on infrastructure, tax liability - Feb 27, 2011
- JD -U wants agriculture, farmer-friendly Union Budget - Feb 27, 2011
- India allows foreigners to invest in domestic mutual funds - Aug 09, 2011
- FII investment cap in infrastructure raised - Feb 28, 2011
- Increase incentives to mutual fund distributors: SEBI - Jun 22, 2011
- Pranab Mukherjee to present Union Budget in Parliament - Feb 28, 2011
- BJP terms budget unimaginative, timid - Feb 28, 2011
- Highlights of Union Budget 2011-12 (Part-II) - Feb 28, 2011
- Discussing changes in GDR rules to curb misuse: SEBI chief - Oct 15, 2011
Tags: board members, board of directors, budget proposals, capital markets, entities, exchange board, improvements, interaction, market regulator, mutual funds, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, sebi, securities and exchange, securities and exchange board of india, sinha, union finance minister