Discussion on Satyam issue postponedFebruary 13th, 2009 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 13 (ANI): The Lok Sabha on Friday evaded a discussion on the 7,500 crore Satyam scam on the request of leader of the main opposition Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) L K Advani.
Deputy Speaker Charanjit Singh Atwal, who was chairing the post-lunch sitting, postponed the discussion on the issue to an indefinite date after the Telugu Desam Party leader K Yerran Naidu and CPI-M member Rupchand Pal asked about the plans to restore the fraud hit IT Satyam.
The Lok Sabha was supposed to discuss the steps to be taken to help the mishandled company.
However, before lunch, Corporate Affairs Minister Prem Chand Gupta had asserted in the lower house that Satyam fraud is an isolated case and the Indian corporate sector is mature and responsible.
Gupta assured that an inquiry in the fraud case of Satyam and Maytas is on and the culprits will be prosecuted.
He also informed that a foolproof electronic auditing system has been established to scrutinize the corporate accounts in the country. (ANI)
- Telugu Desam, Left MPs walk out of house over Satyam - Feb 13, 2009
- Jagan may face arrest in assets case - Aug 11, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam-Tech Mahindra merger put on hold - Feb 14, 2011
- Government asks Company Law Board to remove Maytas directors - Feb 17, 2009
- Government dissolves Maytas Infra board - Feb 17, 2009
- Government to remove two Maytas firms' directors (Lead) - Feb 18, 2009
- Young Congress MPs protest BJP's delay on Lokpal debate - Aug 26, 2011
- TRS chief wins, TDP's Yerran Naidu loses - May 16, 2009
- Unparliamentary words in parliament stall proceedings (Parliament Roundup) - May 05, 2010
- Protests over graft, inflation stall parliament second day (Third Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- New Companies Act will prevent more Satyams: P.C. Gupta - Feb 25, 2009
- Quotable quotes on Lokpal - Dec 11, 2011
- Telugu Desam pits industrialist Chowdary for Rajya Sabha - Jun 03, 2010
- CLB asks government to appoint four nominee directors for Maytas Infra - Mar 05, 2009
- Funds diversion, price rise angers opposition in parliament (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: affairs minister, atwal, auditing, corporate accounts, corporate affairs, CPI, culprits, deputy speaker, fraud case, gupta, indian corporate sector, isolated case, l k advani, Lok Sabha, maytas, naidu, New Delhi, party leader, prem chand, telugu desam party