Diplomatic pressure forced Pak to speak out truth: SoniaMarch 1st, 2009 - 9:18 pm ICT by ANI
Sonepat (Haryana), Mar 1 (ANI): The United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi said that diplomatic pressure exerted on Islamabad made Pakistan to divulge the truth and admit that the Mumbai terror attacks were partly planned on its soil.
Pakistan was forced to speak out the truth due to the diplomatic pressure exerted by India, said Sonia Gandhi while addressing a public meeting here.
Sonia, however, said that some elements were trying to create obstacles in countrys progress from time to time.
Some elements, which are not happy with Indias progress, are trying to create obstacles in Indias progress from time to time, Sonia said.
India is fully capable of defeating the evil designs of terrorists. Our restraint should not be treated as our weakness, Sonia asserted.
She also talked about the economic slowdown and said Indian economy would continue to be strong because of the policies followed by former Prime Ministers Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira Gandhi.
Sonia was here to lay the foundation stone of womens medical college. She also unveiled the statue of Bhagat Phool Singh. (ANI)
- New Indira Gandhi biography casts light on life, politics - Nov 12, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi to open Medical College for women in Sonepat - Feb 28, 2009
- Sonia Gandhi lays foundation stone of womens medical college in Haryana - Mar 01, 2009
- Wax statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji unveiled - Mar 03, 2011
- Terrorism is a deterrent to growth: Sonia Gandhi - Mar 01, 2009
- Kapil Dev, Bhujbal now in wax (with Images) - Nov 25, 2011
- VHP President Singhal charges Sonia Gandhi of spoiling Hindu culture - Dec 25, 2010
- If Pakistan has N-bomb, we will smash it: Morarji told US - Dec 22, 2010
- If Pakistan has n-bomb, we will smash it: Morarji told US (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- CIA fears attacking Haqqani madrassa in Pak over concerns of violent backlash - Dec 18, 2010
- 'Sonia on the job to finalise presidential candidate' - May 05, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi hails Dhaka's anti-terror efforts, receives award (Third Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- Hazare's wax statue unveiled in Maharashtra - Nov 20, 2011
- Hazare's wax statue unveiled in Maharashtra (Lead, With Images) - Nov 20, 2011
- Rahul Gandhi's statement vote-bank politics: VHP - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: chairperson, diplomatic pressure, economic slowdown, evil designs, former prime ministers, foundation stone, haryana, indian economy, indira gandhi, jawaharlal nehru, medical college, obstacles, phool, progressive alliance, soil, sonepat, sonia gandhi, terror attacks, terrorists, UPA