Dharamsala court finds all four guilty in Kachroo murder caseNovember 11th, 2010 - 1:18 pm ICT by ANI
Dharamsala, Nov 11 (ANI): A sessions court in Dharamsala on Thursday found all the four accused students guilty of culpable homicide not amounting to murder in the murder case of first-year medical science student Aman Kachroo.
The quantum of punishment will be decided later in the case. The maximum term of punishment can go upto ten years.
The defence now has six months time to prepare the case.
Kachroo, 19, was mercilessly ragged and killed by four senior doctors on March 8, 2009 at his Rajendra Prasad Medical College Hostel in Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra District.
The accused are facing trial on murder charges.
The fast-track court had resumed the trial against the accused students in August 2010 after they surrendered following cancellation of their bail applications.
A Supreme Court appointed committee had found rampant alcoholism on the campus and a lack of anti-ragging norms as the reason behind Aman Kachroo’s death.
The apex court appointed committee also recommended action against the college principal as it found him to be lackadaisical in dealing with Aman’s complaints. (ANI)
- Dharamsala court to pronounce verdict in Kachroo murder case - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachroo ragging death: Justice in suspended animation - Jul 17, 2012
- Four convicted in Aman Kachru ragged-to-death case (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachru ragging death: Guilty get four years' rigorous imprisonment (Roundup) - Nov 11, 2010
- Kachru ragging: Guilty get four years' rigorous imprisonment (Second Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Convicts freed early, ragging victim's father slams system - Aug 18, 2012
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts may return to college - Aug 23, 2012
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts set free before term - Aug 18, 2012
- Timeline of Aman Kachru ragged-to-death case - Nov 11, 2010
- Bail to ragging accused sends wrong message: Kachru's father - Jul 18, 2010
- Sibal launches anti-ragging portal - Jul 26, 2012
- Verdict in Aman Kachru's ragged-to-death case Thursday - Nov 10, 2010
- Ragging accused sent to judicial custody - Aug 06, 2011
- Aman Kachroo case: Himachal HC cancels bail of all accused - Jul 28, 2010
- Trial court barred from deciding Kachru case accused's bail (Lead) - Jul 24, 2010
Tags: alcoholism, apex, apex court, cancellation, college principal, culpable homicide, fast track, himachal pradesh, hostel, kangra district, maximum term, medical college, medical science, murder case, murder charges, norms, quantum, rajendra prasad, science student, sessions court