Dhanbad court summons Lords Ram and Hanuman in land encroachment caseDecember 6th, 2007 - 4:41 pm ICT by admin
Dhanbad (Bihar), Dec 6 (ANI): In a unique type of litigation, a court in Bihar has summoned two Hindu Gods to appear before it in connection with a land encroachment case.
The hearing of the case in a fast track court in the states Dhanbad District was getting repeatedly postponed for the last three years as Lord Hanuman and Lord Ram had failed to appear before the judge despite issuance of a summons in their names.
The gods have been summoned, as the defence has claimed that they are the owners of the land in question, as it was donated to them by Dhanbads former ruler of the region.
The lawyers contend that if the Gods are a party in the case, they should appear before the court.
“It is the property of the Gods. The land has been donated to the Gods. Therefore, it is necessary to make the Gods a party in it. The relief in this case has been asked in the name of the Gods, said Bijan Rawani, an advocate.
The defence is saying that the land was donated to the Gods. Therefore, the Gods should be named the owners. The suit will not be complete until the Gods are made a party,” Rawani added.
The summons issued to the two Gods was sent to a temple housing their idols. The temple is built on encroached land.
A notice has also been issued in newspapers, telling the Gods to appear before the court. (ANI)
- Congress office sealed in anti-encroachment drive - Mar 30, 2011
- Fresh summons issued to Gupta for defaming Dikshit - Jun 22, 2012
- Yeddyurappa to appear in court as bail plea rejected - Aug 29, 2011
- A temple with history, legends and treasures - Jul 10, 2011
- Hanuman idol perched atop pole in Trinidad and Tobago - Feb 08, 2011
- BJP leader denied relief on Dikshit's defamation complaint - Aug 13, 2012
- Court spares BJP leader personal appearance in Dikshit case - Jul 12, 2012
- Hindu temple comes up in Bihar - with Muslim help - Feb 05, 2012
- Dikshit gets court notice on BJP leader's plea - Jul 10, 2012
- Court summons BJP leader on Dikshit's plea - Jun 04, 2012
- Cash-for-votes scam: Amar Singh, three others summoned - Aug 25, 2011
- Adarsh probe panel summons Deshmukh, Shinde - May 23, 2012
- Court reserves order on Tejinder Singh's plea (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- This Ram devotee was born a Muslim - Jan 01, 2011
- In Ayodhya, a temple that is open to all faiths - Sep 25, 2010