Devotees perform “Tulabhaaram” to honour Suguenendra Theertha Swami in DelhiNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
The ceremony performed at the Raghavendra Mutt here was attended by a large number of his followers from Delhi.
The ceremony was all the more important as it subsided the concerns raised by some persons that Sugunendra Theertha Swami had crossed the seas and it was against Hindu customs.
But many of his followers stated that just as Swami Vivekananda went abroad to spread Hindu philosophy, the Swami Sugunendra Theertha has done the same.
It was stated that the ancient rule forbidding overseas visit for a Hindu seer was obscure in today’s global world.
Thousands of Hindus were working in the United States and it was necessary that they should be guided by holy persons like Swami Sugunendra Theertha. Moreover, Hinduism today had followers all over the world, the devotees stated.
During his recent visits abroad Swami Sugunendra Theertha had met President George Bush and President Vladimir Putin in Russia.
Swami Sugunendra Theertha established many temples in different parts of the United States like New Jersy, Phoenix and Los Angeles to spread Hindu philosophy.
At the Tulabharam ceremony here support for the efforts of Swami Sugunendra Theertha in spreading Indian philosophy all over the world was articulated by Rajagopalachar of Raghavendra Mutt.
Shri Surendra Kumar of Dharmasthala and I. Ramamohan Rao, former Principal Information Officer of the Government of India were present on the occasion.
Lieutenant Governor of Delhi Tejendra Khanna had attended the welcome ceremony on Sunday (October 28) organised to mark the arrival of Swami Sugunendra Theertha Swami in the capital for a week. (ANI)
- Mudslinging over Madurai 'mutt' appointment - May 14, 2012
- Don't drag gods into your battles: Religious heads to Karnataka leaders - Jun 21, 2011
- Karnataka caste politics set to get Sonia boost (Karnataka Newsletter) - Apr 22, 2012
- Anglican-Hindu dialogue being hosted by Archbishop of Canterbury in Bangalore - Oct 13, 2010
- Sanskrit can be simple, demonstrates Swami Sugunendra Teertha of Udupi - Nov 14, 2007
- Yeddyurappa, Kumaraswamy to swear before god over graft issue (Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Sonia meets Karnataka sect leader, party workers - Apr 28, 2012
- Yeddyurappa to drop oath at temple plan - Jun 22, 2011
- Sankararaman murder: Court tells police to verify tape - Feb 27, 2012
- South Indian actress Nayanthara changes religion? - Aug 09, 2011
- List of ministers to take oath Tuesday evening - Jul 12, 2011
- Tripura to mark Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary - Jan 01, 2012
- Kannada Actors Puneeth, Aindrita Bag First AKKA Award - Sep 09, 2010
- VHP seers meet in Ayodhya to decide on road ahead - Oct 20, 2010
- Kumaraswamy asserts Yeddyurappa tried to buy silence over graft - Jun 18, 2011
Tags: devotees, followers, global world, government of india, hindu customs, hindu philosophy, hinduism, holy persons, indian philosophy, mutt, new jersy, overseas visit, president vladimir putin, raghavendra, shri, swami vivekananda, tejendra khanna, welcome ceremony, working in the united states, world thousands