Development of Trishul missile system completed: AntonyFebruary 27th, 2008 - 6:43 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 27 (ANI): Defence Minister A K Antony on Wednesday told the Rajya Sabha that the development of Trishul missile system has been completed completed.
“Development of Trishul missile system has been completed as technology demonstrator,” Antony said in a written reply in the Upper House.
Antony said that till January this year, around three billion rupees had been incurred on the development of the system.
The country’s Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP) has not been abandoned, but was near completion, he said.
He went on to say that surface-to-surface missiles Agni and shorter range Prithvi have been successfully test fired and were in various stages of induction.
Akash missile has taken the maximum time to develop. But the recent spate of user trials of the missile had been accurate within the desired limits of lethality, Antony said. (ANI)
- N-capable missiles in India's arsenal [To go with India test-fires 5,000 km Agni-V missile, China cautious (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable, short-range missile (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- India sucessfully tests nuclear-capable Agni-I missile - Nov 25, 2010
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India to test 5,000-km intercontinental ballistic missile by year-end - Jun 03, 2011
- 'Nuclear-capable Agni-V to be tested soon' - Jan 15, 2012
- India tests two nuke capable missiles (Second Lead) - Mar 27, 2010
- Prithvi-II, Dhanush missiles test fired successfully - Mar 11, 2011
- India successfully tests n-capable Agni II - Sep 30, 2011
- 'India on par with others in electronic warfare' - May 02, 2012
- Agni-V, Risat launches UPA achievements: PM (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- India tests n-capable Agni I missile (Lead) - Mar 28, 2010
- India's n-capable Agni-I missile makes pin-point hit (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2010
- India tests nuclear-capable Prithvi-II missile (Second Lead) - Oct 12, 2009
Tags: antony, defence minister, guided missile, induction, lethality, maximum time, missile development, missile system, missiles, New Delhi, prithvi, rajya sabha, reply, rupees, spate, technology demonstrator, upper house