Development initiatives begin in Maoist-affected Bihar’s villageJanuary 22nd, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by ANI
Jehanabad (Bihar), Jan 22 (ANI): In an initiative to integrate the village into the mainstream and stave off insurgency, several development projects are underway in the Maoist-affected Sikaria village in Bihar’s Jehanabad district.
Hospitals and schools have also been developed and new roads constructed in the region.
State Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who visited the village on Friday to inaugurate a hospital, assured further developments in the region.
“Five years back, nothing was there in Sikaria village. Today, lots of developments have taken place here. Likewise, it is essential for rapid development in the villages that new road be made, more schools built, hospitals run properly, and good education is given to the students,” said Kumar.
He further said proper employment would see the Maoism decrease in the state.
“If these kinds of developmental works will take place as per the instructions of your government then it would be quite fruitful, as people will be satisfied. If the people will be satisfied then no one will be rebellious and nobody will think about taking weapons in hand,” said Kumar.
Meanwhile, the villagers expressed their appreciation for the recent developments.
“Earlier the situation in this village was really bad. People were scared of Maoists attack. No one used to talk about the trouble created by Maoists and they used to kill people frequently. Even the authorities were silent,” said Manoj Kumar, a villager.
“Bt now, everything is available here, good schools and colleges are made for proper education and markets are built. Every essential development has been taken place here,” he added. (ANI)
- Bihar alerts legislators, officials in 33 Maoist-hit districts - Apr 22, 2012
- Bihar allowed to construct rural roads under central scheme - Sep 16, 2011
- Four million vote in fifth phase of Bihar polls (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2010
- Four million vote in peaceful fifth phase of Bihar polls (Intro-Roundup) - Nov 09, 2010
- Fifth phase of Bihar polls under way (Second Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Land acquisition bill draft in public domain soon: Ramesh - Jul 27, 2011
- Nearly 25 percent voting in Bihar polls (Third Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- Fifth phase of Bihar assembly polls begins (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Farmers protest shortage of urea in Bihar - Sep 13, 2011
- Over 50 percent voting in final phase of Bihar polls (Fourth Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- 36 percent voting in Bihar polls (Third Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Fear of Maoists blocks road projects in Chhattisgarh - Dec 11, 2011
- Fifth phase of Bihar polls begins - Nov 09, 2010
- No rethink in anti-Maoist strategy: Chidambaram - Apr 23, 2010
- Second day of pro-Maoist group's shutdown peaceful - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: authorities, chief minister, colleges, development initiatives, development projects, district hospitals, good education, initiative, jehanabad district, mainstream, maoist, maoists, new roads, nitish kumar, proper education, rapid development, recent developments, state chief, villager, weapons