Development in UP will be effective only with Congress Govt.: Rahul GandhiFebruary 8th, 2011 - 10:01 pm ICT by ANI
Amethi (Uttar Pradesh), Feb 8 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi criticizing the Mayawati Government of stifling centrally-sponsored schemes in Uttar Pradesh, on Tuesday said only a Congress Government can ensure development in the state.
“Programmes are being chalked out in Delhi, but here problems are being faced in their implementation. Frankly, without having a government in UP, it is not easy to carry out development works,” said Gandhi.
“We will make an effort to form a government in UP, then both the governments will work in tandem,” he added, while addressing a function in his constituency.
The Gandhi scion further alleged that the benefits of welfare schemes were not reaching the targeted population in Uttar Pradesh.
“Earlier, there was shortage of funds for development works, but it is not so now. The problem is that the benefits are not reaching the needy. Adequate funds are provided by the Centre for roads, but the projects are not carried out properly due to corruption,” said Gandhi.
“We work our heart out and it really hurts when they are stopped by the UP Government,” he added.
Citing the example of the proposed Hindustan paper mill, Gandhi said: “The project, which could have given job to nearly 10,000 people, is pending with the state government for clearance.”
He further said that the Centre was trying to take the country ahead with a rapid pace, asserting that a lot of work has been done in MNREGA, health and education sector and efforts were being made to do more in future.
“The government is making efforts to implement Food Security Act in days to come,” said Gandhi.
“In the education sector, a number of institutes like IIIT, FDDI and NIFT have been set up and efforts will be made to bring more institutes, because education ensures better future for the children,” he added. (ANI)
- Rahul Gandhi blames Mayawati for deteriorating law and order condition in UP - Feb 10, 2011
- Delayed wages, corruption in MNREGA worry PM, Sonia (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Mulayam, Mayawati neglected Muslims, development: Rahul Gandhi - Jan 28, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- BSP government not serious on development: Rahul Gandhi - Feb 08, 2011
- UPA focus on implementing Right to Education act: Sonia Gandhi - Feb 04, 2011
- Make MNREGA a success, say PM, Sonia - Feb 02, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi expresses concern over high school dropout rate among children - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi tells women panchayat members to overcome social hurdles - Feb 05, 2011
- Kashmiri youth benefit from government employment scheme - Feb 26, 2011
- Development work to be videographed in UP - Mar 24, 2012
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Rahul attacks Mayawati government over health funds (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: adequate funds, amethi, benefits of welfare, congress government, constituency, corruption, education sector, fddi, food security act, general secretary, governments, hindustan, nift, rahul gandhi, rapid pace, scion, state government, tandem, uttar pradesh, welfare schemes