Designers unveil summer 2009 collection in BangaloreMay 15th, 2009 - 8:52 pm ICT by ANI
Bangalore, May 15 (ANI): Various fashion designers showcased their summer 2009 collections in Bangalore, which included both Indian and western clothes.
The participants were- Ramesh Dembla, designer duo Anu Nagappa and Susan Fernandes from Astara and Michelle Salins.
Dembla’s collection was displayed in two sequences. First called ‘angel’s fantasy’ with dresses and gowns in white, and the second called ‘ethnic saris’ featuring saris in various colors and embellishments.
“Tonight I showed a collection of mine called ‘Angel’s Fantasy’ that was all gowns in white with very minimalist embellishments but very beautiful cuts and (they are) very nice clothes to wear. The second sequence is called ‘ethnic saris’, which we did for the finale,” he said
The showstopper for Dembla’s show was Bollywood actress Aarti Chabaria, who sashayed down the ramp in a pristine white sari.
“Actually I did get a glimpse (of the show). I think the colors were beautiful, very vibrant and very well put together and very-very classic,” she said.
Nagappa and Fernandes presented a vintage collection in white, with silhouettes from the 60s, but with a very contemporary edge. Lace detailing on pure cotton, khaki, silk, chiffons and georgettes in whites had also been used.
Meanwhile, Salins collection was titled ‘The Butterfly’. As the name suggests, the designs were playful, energetic, cheerful, vibrant, bright and sensuous.
The collection featured hot pants, bubble dresses and skirts in pure silk, satin and brocades teamed with interesting accessories.
To suit the Indian summers, designers smartly put a wide variety of color and fabrics into use. (ANI)
- New Puja wardrobe: Jeggings, maxis, gowns - Oct 04, 2011
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- Dresses inspired by red carpet glamour in LFW (With Image) - Aug 09, 2011
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Ritu Kumar to popularise hand-woven textiles - Feb 03, 2012
- Under media glare, Indian politicos go fashion forward (Feature with images) - Jul 17, 2011
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Satya Paul coming up with a more economic line - Mar 16, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week: Delhi Designer Sisters To Showcase Their Fantasy Collection - Jan 29, 2011
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Can Vidya's kanjeevaram look revive hand-woven saris? - Feb 16, 2012
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
Tags: astara, bangalore, chiffons, embellishments, fashion designers, georgettes, glimpse, hot pants, indian summers, ramp, salins, sari, saris, showstopper, silhouettes, silk satin, skirts, susan fernandes, vintage collection, western clothes