Designers are busy preparing for Lakme Fashion Week in MumbaiOctober 19th, 2008 - 11:35 am ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Oct 19 (ANI): Designers who are to participate in Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) in Mumbai are busy giving final touches to their collection ahead of the event that begins on October 21.
India’’s top designers and a troop of sashaying models are busy preparing for Lakme Fashion Week 2008 where they will be showcasing their collections.
“Lakme Fashion Week provides a good platform to all the young and upcoming talent. I think it is a very long struggle for any designer to make a mark in India. I think Lakme Fashion House is doing its job well,” said Swati Bhimte, a fashion designer.
The designers are vying to catch the attention of up to 80 international buyers during the fashion week.
“Lakme Fashion Week has been the most important part of my career because whatever I am, it is because of Lakme Fashion Week. After that there was `Generation Next” where they gave me my next debut which was a very good platform for a young designer like me,” said Swapnil Shinde, another fashion designer.
Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) will involve events like media seminars, business-to-business meetings and a buyers” forum, apart from the regular fashion shows. (ANI)
- A potpourri of business for designers at LFW (Review) - Aug 22, 2011
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- Manish Malhotra's Indian resort wear leaves a breezy impact on audience - Mar 07, 2010
- Lakme Fashion Week boasts of Japanese designers, digital outreach (Preview) - Mar 10, 2011
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- LFW advances winter/festive edition to August - Apr 05, 2011
- LFW generates business, designers get bags full of orders (Review) - Mar 16, 2011
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- Too many fashion weeks spoilt the year (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 23, 2010
- Designers support Anna Hazare's cause - Aug 19, 2011
- Fine Blend Of Renowned And Fresh Designers At LFW - Aug 30, 2010
- Now, watch Lakme Fashion Week live online - Feb 24, 2011
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee showcases his bohemian collection at LIFW - Mar 06, 2010
Tags: business meetings, collections, debut, designers, fashion designer, fashion house, fashion week in mumbai, final touches, generation next, India, job, lakme fashion week 2008, lakme fashion week in mumbai, lfw, models, seminars, struggle