Designer mirrors dismal realities of metropolis lifeMarch 19th, 2009 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 19 (ANI): Sombre shades of city life were reflected in designer Nitin Bal Chauhan’’s collection for the Autumn/Winter”09 collection at the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week.
Infused with drama, the designer put together a show, which had shades of dark and explored the grim realities of the urban lifestyle at the much awaited five-day fashion extravaganza, which kick started here on Wednesday.
Aptly titled ”Conditions Apply Part II”, the collection in hues of grey and tinge of light black, lived up to the theme and brought to life successfully the nine stories of vanity, deliverance, teen suicide, mediocrity, accidents, urbanisation, senior citizens, sealing and divorce which centre round the lives of most of the metropolitan people.
Dresses, jackets, suits, skirts, pants and coats in woollen fabrics brought to platform the conditions that applied to those living in an urban set up.
“My creation is inspired by people around that I see leading different kinds of life and different kind of dilemmas. The cuts were very clean. It was lot of experiment with fluidity and structure. The palette is quite dark. There is lot of darkness around, which is the flip side of urban life which is being portrayed in this collection,” said Chauhan.
If the phobias of urban life inspired one designer, the story of silk formed the theme of designer Samant Chauhan’’s collection.
Inspired by the Bhagalpur silk, Chauhan saluted the weavers who use the threads to weave together a beautiful body of fabric.
A colour palette of shades of beige brought about a rustic and rich feel to the garments.
Skimpy and slim tunics, coats almost vintage in appeal, frocks, jackets and trousers both for men and women in simple silhouettes brought forth the beauty of silk in various forms.
With 102 designers and around 175 buyers, Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week is the country’’s premiere fashion extravaganza, which brings together the business of fashion and expert designers as well as connoisseurs of lifestyle on a common platform.
This gala event will culminate on March 23. (ANI)
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- A fashion show to mark 100 years of Bihar (With Image) - Mar 27, 2012
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
- A collection inspired by Lord Krishna (With Image) - Jun 19, 2011
- Kavita Bhartia presents a curry of crossing borders - Oct 24, 2010
- Mixing styles: Ravi Bajaj set for Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 17, 2011
- JLo's style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu Parashar - Apr 07, 2011
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- New designers blaze a trail at LFW opener - Sep 17, 2010
- Handwoven Swarovski work dominates Akaaro's show - Feb 16, 2012
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
Tags: autumn winter, bal chauhan, beautiful body, colour palette, fashion extravaganza, flip side, fluidity, frocks, grim realities, india fashion week, phobias, senior citizens, shades of beige, simple silhouettes, teen suicide, urban life, urban lifestyle, weavers, wills lifestyle india fashion week, woollen fabrics