Dera Sacha Sauda chief granted regular bail (Lead- Dera Bail)November 14th, 2007 - 2:51 am ICT by admin
Dera chief spokesman Aditya Insaan claimed the charges against Singh were “baseless” and that “truth will prevail”.
However, the prosecution lawyer said that they would decide on the future course of action after receiving the copy of the judgement.
“According to this order he (Baba Gurmeet Ram Raheem Singh) will remain on bail while the trial is going on. Meanwhile, the office will get a copy of the judgment and then decide its future course of action,” said prosecution lawyer Jasbir Singh.
Singh is facing charges for the murder of Dera manager Ranjit Singh and a Sirsa journalist Ram Chander Chatterpati as also a case of alleged sexual harrasment of a woman disciple.
The CBI had filed three chargesheets against the Dera head on July 31 and on October 20 had opposed the granting of interim bail to Singh.
The regular bail application was moved by Singh on October 4, and the court had then extended the interim bail granted to him till October 15. (ANI)
- Dera Sacha Sauda chief granted regular bail (Lead: Dera) - Nov 14, 2007
- Dera chief to appear before CBI court - Nov 14, 2007
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- Dera Chief appears before CBI court to sign surety papers(Lead: Dera Chief) - Nov 14, 2007
- CBI court directs Sacha Sauda chief to appear in person - May 21, 2011
- Dera case: Court rejects police cancellation report - Apr 03, 2012
- Court to hear Dera chief case today - Nov 14, 2007
- Dera chief's interim bail extended till October 20 - Nov 14, 2007
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail rejected, moves apex court (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Amid tension, Dera congregation is peaceful (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2010
- Over 50 people detained for Punjab, Haryana violence - Feb 28, 2010
- Hearing in Sauda chief's case extended till October 22 - Nov 14, 2007
- Hearing in Dera chief's case today - Nov 14, 2007
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012