Dera chief to appear before CBI courtNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:54 am ICT by admin
Singh’s lawyer Jasmir Singh had said that Special CBI Judge R K Saini allowed the regular bail plea as his “prima facie involvement” in the three cases had not been established,
Dera chief spokesman Aditya Insaan had claimed the charges against Singh were “baseless” and that “truth will prevail”.
However, the prosecution lawyer had said that they would decide on the future course of action after receiving the copy of the judgement.
The Ambala Police have already made tight security arrangements. Four companies of the police and at least six DSPs have been summoned from adjoining districts of Ambala.
Singh is facing charges for the murder of Dera manager Ranjit Singh and a Sirsa journalist Ram Chander Chatterpati as also a case of alleged sexual harrasment of a woman disciple.
The CBI had filed three chargesheets against the Dera head on July 31 and on October 20 had opposed the granting of interim bail to Singh.
The regular bail application was moved by Singh on October 4, and the court had then extended the interim bail granted to him till October 15. (ANI)
- Dera Sacha Sauda chief granted regular bail (Lead: Dera) - Nov 14, 2007
- CBI court directs Sacha Sauda chief to appear in person - May 21, 2011
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- Dera Sacha Sauda chief granted regular bail (Lead- Dera Bail) - Nov 14, 2007
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Dera Chief appears before CBI court to sign surety papers(Lead: Dera Chief) - Nov 14, 2007
- Amid tension, Dera congregation is peaceful (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2010
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Dera case: Court rejects police cancellation report - Apr 03, 2012
- Over 50 people detained for Punjab, Haryana violence - Feb 28, 2010
- Nupur Talwar's bail rejected, moves apex court (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana inching towards normalcy after violence (Second lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- Violence in Punjab, Haryana after fresh case against Dera chief (Lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- CBI court's clean chit to Dera chief in murder case - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: aditya, ambala, bail plea, cbi court, chief spokesman, dsps, four companies, interim, lawyer, prima facie, ranjit singh, saini, security arrangements, sexual harrasment, tight security, truth will prevail