Dera Chief appears before CBI court to sign surety papers(Lead: Dera Chief)November 14th, 2007 - 2:56 am ICT by admin
The prosecution had opposed the Singh’s bail plea on the grounds that witnesses would not be able to depose before the court fearlessly.
The Defence, however, said this was a ploy by the CBI to present false documents in the court.
They added that their stand had been vindicated with the Baba being granted bail.
Even as hundreds of followers thronged Ambala to greet the Baba on his arrival, a spokesperson for the Dera Sacha Sauda said they were grateful that the court was meting out justice.
“The allegations are totally false and baseless. Instead of making nnouncements on these revelations, we respect the process of court and that’s why I am here. In that, every thing will come across you. And if you have followed previous arguments, something has come out of that too,” said Aditya Insa, spokesperson for the Dera.
Meanwhile, prosecution lawyers for Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) said they would study the copy of the judgment before taking any further action.
“It was for the court to see whether he deserves bail or not and court granted him bail. We are waiting for the copy of the order and then after going through the same if there is irregularities or illegalities, then we will definitely go and appeal (to high court),” said Umesh Gandhi, advocate for the CBI.
Singh is facing charges for the murder of Dera manager Ranjit Singh and a Sirsa journalist Ram Chander Chatterpati as also a case of alleged sexual harrasment of a woman disciple.
The CBI had filed three chargesheets against the Dera head on July 31 and on October 20 had opposed the granting of interim bail to Singh.
The regular bail application was moved by Singh on October 4, and the court had then extended the interim bail granted to him till October 15. (ANI)
- CBI court directs Sacha Sauda chief to appear in person - May 21, 2011
- Day-to-day hearing of Dera chief's rape case - Sep 28, 2011
- Dera case: Court rejects police cancellation report - Apr 03, 2012
- Dera Sacha Sauda chief granted regular bail (Lead: Dera) - Nov 14, 2007
- Dera Sacha Sauda chief granted regular bail (Lead- Dera Bail) - Nov 14, 2007
- Dera chief to appear before CBI court - Nov 14, 2007
- Amid tension, Dera congregation is peaceful (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2010
- Sacha Sauda followers go on rampage in Punjab, Haryana - Feb 27, 2010
- CBI court's clean chit to Dera chief in murder case - Dec 24, 2010
- Bus torched in Haryana, uneasy calm prevails - Mar 01, 2010
- Over 50 people detained for Punjab, Haryana violence - Feb 28, 2010
- Violence in Punjab, Haryana after fresh case against Dera chief (Lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- Punjab, Haryana inching towards normalcy after violence (Second lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- Sacha Sauda chief appears before court through video-conferencing - Jun 06, 2009
- Punjab, Haryana calm after Dera violence (Lead) - Feb 28, 2010
Tags: aditya, ambala, baba, bail plea, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, dera sacha sauda, false documents, insa, interim, prosecution lawyers, ranjit singh, sexual harrasment, spokesperson, umesh