Deora calls on Russian PM Putin at MoscowNovember 5th, 2008 - 11:08 pm ICT by ANI
Moscow , Nov 5 (ANI): Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Murli Deora met Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin today at Moscow and emphasized that India seeks to enhance growing synergy between India and Russia in the oil and gas sector on a long term basis.
He pointed out India s interest in participating in Sakalin-3 project. He also referred to India s desire for formation of joint venture between ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) and Rosneft for taking up exploration and development projects in east Siberia .
Deora reiterated that India welcomes participation of Russian companies in the green field refineries and petrochemical projects in India besides in the exploration and production area.
The Minister has been supportive of Russian and Indian companies joining hands to take up oil and gas projects not only in India and Russia but also in other countries.
At a meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergy Shemato, Minister of Energy last night at Moscow Deora underlined that it would be in the mutual interest of both countries to closely engage as Russia is energy rich and India is an energy deficit country.
He pointed out that Russian companies could participate in India s growing oil sector including downstream market.
Deora invited Russian participation in the India-CIS Roundtable on Hydrocarbons being organized by India in New Delhi during November 25-26.
He pointed out that the event aims to further strengthen ties between India and CIS countries particularly Russia .
Secretary (PNG) R.S. Pandey, CMD (ONGC), R.S. Sharma and MD (OVL) R.S. Butola are accompanying the Minister. (ANI)
- Deora meets Putin, holds talks about Sakhalin 3 - Nov 05, 2008
- Deora returns home after successful visit of Russia - Nov 06, 2008
- India, Russia to increase hydrocarbon cooperation - Dec 21, 2010
- India has not withdrawn from Vietnamese oil block: Minister - Aug 18, 2012
- OVL signs deal with Russian firm in oil and gas sector - Dec 09, 2009
- Uganda seeks Indian help in developing hydrocarbon sector - Jan 28, 2010
- ONGC Videsh targets 20 mn tonnes output by 2020 - Aug 18, 2011
- ONGC-Videsh favours joint exploration with Russian firms - Mar 20, 2010
- ExxonMobil and Rosneft sign deal for joint development of Arctic and Black Sea resources - Aug 31, 2011
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- Petroleum minister suggests joint projects to Russia - Nov 06, 2008
- Murli Deora to lead high-level delegation to Vietnam - Jul 20, 2010
- ONGC Videsh declares progressive 2009-10 financial results - May 22, 2010
- India interested in Exxon Mobil's Angola block - Nov 01, 2010
- India looks at Russia for assured oil supply - Nov 25, 2008
Tags: cis countries, east siberia, energy deficit, exploration and production, gas projects, gas sector, joining hands, minister of energy, murli deora, mutual interest, oil sector, ovl, petrochemical projects, rosneft, russian companies, russian counterpart, russian participation, russian prime minister, union minister, vladimir putin