Deora asks states to lower tax on dieselJuly 16th, 2010 - 9:51 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jul 16 (ANI): Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Murli Deora today welcomed the Delhi government’s move to lower the Value Added Tax on diesel, and reiterated his earlier appeal to other state governments to reduce and rationalize the Sales Tax/VAT on sensitive petroleum products - PDS kerosene, diesel and petrol to provide relief to the consumers.
Deora complimented Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit for reducing VAT on diesel from 20 percent to 12.5 percent, resulting in a Rs 2.70 per litre fall in prices.
Deora said the move would provide relief to the consumers from the additional sales tax levied as a result of recent price hike due to the advalorem nature of the State taxes and in fact bring down Diesel prices to a level lower than the prices prevailing before the increase effected on 25th June, 2010.
He expressed hope that other States would also follow Delhi’s example to provide relief to consumers.
Deora also pointed out that the Central Excise Duty on Petrol and Diesel has been converted into fixed rates while the excise and customs duty on PDS Kerosene and Domestic LPG has been reduced to nil being common man’s fuel. (ANI)
- Four states cut tax on petro products - Nov 18, 2010
- Petrol costlier in India than in neighbours, US - Nov 29, 2011
- No customs, VAT on non-subsidised cooking gas: Chidambaram - Sep 21, 2012
- Orissa waives tax on cooking gas, kerosene - Jun 29, 2011
- Deora asks states to follow Delhi in reducing taxes - Jul 16, 2010
- Himachal reduces VAT on diesel - Jun 27, 2011
- Meghalaya waives VAT on kerosene, cooking gas - Jul 01, 2011
- Petroleum sector contributes Rs.192,577 crore to exchequers - Dec 13, 2011
- No deregulation of diesel, kerosene, LPG prices - Aug 21, 2012
- No plan to hike diesel, LPG, kerosene prices: Reddy - May 28, 2012
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.6.28 plus taxes, industry welcomes move (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Diesel cars guzzling 40 percent of segment's fuel: CSE - Jan 25, 2012
- Diesel, kerosene and cooking gas price hiked; common man, opposition angry (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2011
- Petrol, diesel prices to increase from midnight (Second Lead) - Feb 26, 2010
- States asked to lower duties on petroleum fuels - Jun 21, 2010
Tags: 25th june, central excise duty, chief minister, common man, customs duty, delhi government, diesel prices, dikshit, excise and customs, kerosene, lpg, New Delhi, petrol, petroleum products, price hike, rs 2, shiela, state governments, state taxes, value added tax