Demonstration staged against anti-Naxal operationsJuly 28th, 2010 - 3:29 pm ICT by ANI
By Girija Shankar Ojha
Latehar (Jharkhand), July 28 (ANI): With pressure building up against Maoist forces, the left wing extremists are mobilizing villagers in demonstrating against security forces.
Over a hundred students were mobilized to participate in a rally here yesterday to protest against ‘Operation Green Hunt’.
The demonstrators said that the police forces have camped at local schools, colleges and educational institutions to combat Maoists in village.
“Our motive of the rally is that the police are camping in schools and so the students are unable to attend classes. We are protesting so that the police do not camp there, and go elsewhere,” said Munna Paswan, a villager.
Maoist attacks have increased after the government launched a coordinated security offensive named ‘Operation Green Hunt’.
The police and paramilitary personnel trying to flush out the rebels from their jungle hideouts in central and eastern Indian states. (ANI)
- Human rights activists slam government's anti-Maoist offensive in Jharkhand - Jun 26, 2010
- Jharkhand villagers nab three Maoists - Sep 06, 2010
- Maoists destroy village council building in Latehar - Nov 28, 2010
- Nine Maoists killed in Jharkhand - Jan 28, 2011
- Maoists blast school, attack police station in Jharkhand - Dec 06, 2011
- Police commando killed, rebel camp busted in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Rocket launchers found in Jharkhand Maoist den - Jun 07, 2011
- West Bengal women protest against alleged CRPF manhandling - Jul 21, 2010
- No Maoists in West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee - Apr 15, 2010
- Maoists kill Congress leader in Jharkhand - Mar 31, 2010
- Forest dwellers victims of anti-Maoist drive in Jharkhand - Mar 17, 2010
- Tribal women in Jhargram protest against Maoist-led group - Jul 23, 2010
- Collector's abduction: Maoists want eight cadres freed (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Orissa reviews anti-Maoist operation strategy - Oct 01, 2010
- Police kill Maoist Area commander in Jharkhand - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: colleges, demonstration, demonstrators, educational institutions, hideouts, indian states, jharkhand, jungle, left wing, local schools, maoist, maoists, motive, police forces, rally, rebels, security forces, shankar, villager, wing extremists